diyinpdxThe other day something small happened that I've been thinking about a lot. A woman in line at a food cart went out of her way to give my husband and me a sweet compliment. It got me thinking about how often I think nice things, but don't say them to the person they apply to. I'm shy, but really, what is the downside of complimenting someone? They feel good, you feel good, and I guess there are a few risks when it comes to rude people or ill-considered compliments, but mostly only good will come of it. So later that day when I was walking in my neighborhood, I complimented a guy coming out of a lovely house I've long admired. It felt good! So my advice to you, and myself, is to open your heart and say nice things to strangers more often. (PS If you're wondering about the flowers, they're amaryllis bulbs my mom gave me. I had no idea what they'd be like when she gave me the bulbs, but they're big and beautiful!)
- steve.gaynorThis is really nice and I love it. Miss you kiddo
- firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you, favorite. Miss you too! 😘
- ais.ni.chonOddly I was about to give you a compliment about your thesis on compliments but deleted it because I felt self-conscious about it, but on re-read I realise that's exactly what you're counselling against. So, in that vein, I agree completely and this is lovely.
- diyinpdx@lingaling13 Success! Thank you for shushing the little doubting voice in your head that gives you all kinds of excuses not to say something nice (I'm all-too familiar with this voice).
- treehousenestI want to compliment you on your awesome blog! Came across it yesterday when googling "how to mount live edge floating shelves" and saw your blog post in 2015! Keep up the great work :)
- diyinpdx@treehousenest Thank you so much! Hope it helped with your shelves. Good luck hanging them!
- treehousenest@diyinpdx I will keep you updated!
- diyinpdx@diyinpdx if you end up using the same brackets I did, let me know if you want any tips!
Log in to like or comment.