amandamariefittJust a few short weeks of a small calorie deficit (2,450 daily) and I'm already seeing abs again. 💪🏽 The past 4 months were spent in a surplus (2,800 calories daily) which was a very conscious decision I made because I wasn't building muscle as fast as I wanted. 😎 The first year or two of lifting are beautiful. You actually can build muscle and whittle away body fat at the same time. Those newbie gains don't last forever. Once those initial years pass, you have to start working in phases. Periods of deficit, reverse diet, maintenance, growth, repeat. It's easiest for me to flow with the seasons. In the fall, I begin reverse dieting. I stay at maintenance for a few weeks then transition into a growth period (people call this a 'bulk' - I don't like that word. It tends to scare women.) Eating in a surplus all winter is fine by me because I'm all bundled up and craving carbs anyway. In the spring, I begin a cut again for summer. Repeat the cycle. This allows me to really grow and build the muscle I want during the winter months and lean out for bikini season, while also taking care of my metabolism and body year-round. 💚 Dieting isn't a 365 day thing. You absolutely have to work with your body and know when to say when. If your body has stopped responding to calorie cuts and increased cardio then it's time to reverse diet and show your metabolism some TLC. 🤸🏽♀️ coaching: amandamariefit.com // firstname.lastname@example.org
- amandamariefitt#empoweringwomen #bodypositive #empowerwomen #flexibledieting #reversediet #improvementseason #athlete #physique #bodypositive #iifym #iifymwomen #iifymgirls #justtrackit #shesqsuats #health #strengthqueens #wonderwomanmentality #powerbuilder #girlswholift #girlswithmuscle #girlsgonestrong
- xinweizengYes yes yes! The BEST thing I did for myself was spend nearly 10 months this year in a bulk. Ate tons of food, actually had boobs for once in my life (lol - barely boobs but I'll take what I get), and now I'm cutting on double the calories as I did last year.
- sandy1_rAmazing 😉
- amandamariefitt@xinweizeng Omg the boobs. Life changing. 😂🙌🏽 I haven't had boobs in years. I've had them for the last 4 months.
- xinweizengOh, and those shoulder, lat and hamstring gains are insane - even though my back was injured for the last 8 months and I've transitioned to a high volume style training and had to give up heavy compounds
- s3xystrong💪 😉
- mydailymacros🙌🏻 a deficit at 2400 cals... #goals for sure
- amandamariefitt@mydailymacros It takes time, dedication, and patience. 🙌🏽 I used to cut at 1,600-1800. Gone are those days. I would die now. 😈
- phatti.maddiI can't wait to reverse diet & get to this point 😂😭
- bmchenryAwesome! I'm cutting at 1650 but that's up 400 calories from last year...next year will be even better!!
- amandamariefitt@bmchenry that's amazing! 400 is no joke. Huge difference 💜
- email@example.com you will! 😘
- lyndsey_thackerWhat is a good starting daily calorie increase for reverse dieting?
- amandamariefitt@lyndsey_thacker it's different for every single person. I don't (personally or professional) increase daily. I increase weekly. If you aren't interested in coaching, I would suggest something like @avatarnutrition to guide you through a reverse.
- lyndsey_thacker@amandamariefitt thank you!
Log in to like or comment.