bretcontreras1Repost from @emilytbofitness 🍑Glute-Focused Weighted Back Extensions🍑
Hip Thrusts will likely forever be my favorite glute exercise, but these are quickly becoming one of my favorites.
Back Extensions are a common exercise used to work the erectors (lower back), but with a couple tweaks it makes for an AMAZING glute exercise. Personally when I do this variation I feel zero involvement in my lower back, and instead feel it in my glutes first and foremost, with some hamstring activation as well.
➡️➡️BUT keep in mind everyone is different! Some may love this variation and others may not feel it at all, or may feel better activation with alternate exercises. I just want to encourage you all to try new things...If you don't feel it, it doesn't necessarily mean you're doing it wrong, and this goes for all movements.
Try these tips:
⏺️Turn toes out
⏺️Keep upper back rounded
⏺️Arms folded to your chest, or weight held close to your body
⏺️Visualize thrusting your hips into the pad, forcefully contracting your glutes.
I also keep my knees just barely unlocked, idk if that's just me but I find it's more comfortable for me that way. You can do these with bodyweight for high reps and minimal rest, or you can add bands or a dumbbell for some added resistance.
As always, this exercise I learned courtesy of @bretcontreras1 😂
Happy lifting! 💪🏼
- kirsty_vs_kirstyThanks babe @omar_kelleher xoxo
- minhtfit@namastaylifting these are what I programmed :)
- pepe_gomez13@ne_calonge @luhoher
- ne_calonge@pepe_gomez13 jajajaja nos copiaron 😋
- thefitmom_ph@iyafit008 just in case you wanna try a different variation :)
- mindy_reyes1@becbrazzell this tho
- aprilnparker@gascottyboy ?
- afschneidz@danaanneq. .. King of glute building. Follow him
- linnyb88@cbear017 this is a new favorite of mine.
Log in to like or comment.