crumbsfoodIt's Friday night and I'm sat in a bar in Chiswick on my own. Not drinking wine but mint tea hovering for a glimpse of my 11yo. She's out with her mates shopping for lip balms and smelly rubbers. Dinner = Nando's... on their own!!! Loving her freedom whilst trying not to fret! #howtimeschange #mybabyisgrowingup #fridaynight
- rosinavirgilio@crumbsfood love the honesty of this comment, it's hard work being a cool mum isn't it?!
- crumbsfood@rosinavirgilio ha! It's weird as in a few years she'll be in the bar with her friends and I'll be banished somewhere else. Time flies, huh? #thedaysgoslowbuttheyearsgoquick
- lia_billimoreYou're so brave!! My eldest turned 11 in October (boy, not sure why that makes a difference !) and I'm putting this off... Maybe I'll take your lead!!
- crumbsfood@lia_billimore I know! Nerve-wracking but she'll be taking the tube or bus to big school in a few months so she needs the practice. Gulp.
- lia_billimoreYep, mine too. He's walking a mile to school as of a month ago, but not without a phone! That in itself was a bonkers experience having to make that decision, but hey-ho it's a different world and all that!
- crumbsfood@lia_billimore mine borrows an old Nokia when she's out on her own. I'm holding off on anything more sophisticated just yet!
- cakey45Ah the joys of children at secondary school! One term and it's like they have aged 10 years, Olivia is in year 9 nearly 10 and just choosing her options. I was telling her about you doing geography at uni and she wants to do the same ❤
- crumbsfood@cakey45 happy to chat to her about it. Best subject ever!
- cakey45She certainly didn't get her brains from me, even selected triple science and French as she loves it. Teachers are all very happy with her. Just shows what is in a child will come out no matter if the school is deemed horrendous!
- crumbsfood@cakey45 I don't know, I always thought you were pretty brainy. You always wrote like a dream!
- lllllorraineSmelly rubbers lol
- crumbsfood@lllllorraine do you remember Papillon in Twickenham? Scratch n sniff stickers?
- lllllorraineOh too funny sitting in a hot tub earlier talking about scratch n sniff stickers with some fellow Brit friends, having thought about them for 20 years I bet! And yes papillon... we were obsessed with that shop!
- sophiaozniWell done! Now forward fast to 16 and Oz catching the tube back to your house at Christmas. I forget, when I was 15 I was going clubbing. Do as I say not as I 'did' and all that. I remember the smelly fancy rubbers needed. (They were always pretty but very smudgy- perhaps they have improved)
- crumbsfood@sophiaozni very late reply but I only just checked this. I need to write back to you. We loved loved loved your card. True friends. Kindred spirits. Feel lucky to have you all in our lives. I'll write this down properly soonest. I promise. ❤️to the boys xxx
Log in to like or comment.