babywanderloveOkay, so I'm so not an artist (well I guess as a hairstylist I technically am but I've never really been good at drawing) but I happened upon a gorgeous drawing of an octopus on @beetandbaguette's page and felt so inspired by the #scribblepicnic idea that I decided to give it a shot. It's super basic since I don't own colored pencils (and I definitely used a mechanical pencil to draw this guy 😂) I cannot tell you how much I needed this today. I miss working and having that release and feeling of accomplishment and this really helped make me feel good! I'm late to the deadline but I still really wanted to share this 😊 #drawing #mamatime #artist #octopus #scribbledrawing #gottastartsomewhere #creativity #alwaysadaylate #sketch #pencildrawing #octopusdrawing #quicksketch #kindagoofy #goofyeyes @dotty_hill
- beetandbaguetteOh Heather! This makes me so happy! I LOVE your octopus, and I'm so glad you have joined the little art co-op! In some ways, it feels like just what I needed. A relaxed (but with a deadline, to hold me accountable!) art challenge to get the juices flowing. It felt really good to sit down and just DRAW. No thinking, no worrying, no stressing, just doing. 💖 So glad it helped you, too, mama!!
- dotty_hillHeather, hi!! So lovely of you to join our visual picnic and I'm very glad you tagged me, using the right hashtag or may not have seen this! As it is, I actually saw this come into my phone right after I had published the blog update with a collection of everyone's art and just as I was bundling off to bed! Otherwise I would have certainly included it! Sorry but so glad you did this and for the reasons you noted too! Now, if I could cut and style hair as well as you draw, I could make some more cashola! Fantastic job... and nothing wrong with using a pencil! You might like to read the scribble picnic tab at top of my blog and note that all mediums and levels are welcome and even scribbled pieces, not finished! The idea is simply to engage the right side of one's brain that often is not as excercised as the left. I firmly believe doing such opens up ones mind to creative thought and, in turn, new possibilities and insights arise! So, yes, please keep it up and join us when you can. You never know, you might win something too as I'm doing another fab giveaway (details in last blog post)!
- dotty_hillOk, wow, that is one of the longest IG replies I've texted! Ha. Just want to encourage you that your piece is far better than you give yourself credit for. I thinks it's lovely and well done and even if it was naive, I'd still say, bravo! Reading your story and how the challenge helped bought a huge smile to my heart. I'm wishing you plenty of smiles to come in your own personal endeavours! Just like this octo piece, you CAN and WILL do it!
- dotty_hillP.S. oh, one more thing I need to ask you: while it will be late as many will have read blogpost, would you like me to add your name and a link to your IG post at the bottom of the list of contributors with maybe a "late entry, not shown here" type exclaimed? That will get the IG peeps to perhaps visit? I would certainly encourage you too to type in #scribblepicnic and go visit each of the entries, letting them know yours was Kate but done! It's a great write up and sweet drawing. Thanks again, Heather.
- babywanderlove@dotty_hill no worries on adding me to anything. Truthfully my mind is in quite a lot of different places so for me I think I'll just be doing the drawings themselves for now!
- dotty_hillOk, your choice. Looking forward to your cabin. I have a link to a pin board of cabin illos that might inspire.
- babywanderlove@dotty_hill I'm also looking forward to it! And also, I didn't mean to be short with you. I'd very much love to be included in future posts! I will check in when I have a few spare moments (sometimes hard to come by!)
- dotty_hillNo worries. Just post Wednesday and u will for sure be included.
- dotty_hillOk, one final note. Sorry, I don't usually comment as many times but anyway, I've now added you to the bottom of the artists listed under the collage as a simple acknowledgment that you did enter.
- babywanderlove@dotty_hill thanks 😊
Log in to like or comment.