graceatwood"Believing you are unworthy of love and belonging... that who you are authentically is a sin or is wrong is deadly. What you are is beautiful and amazing." -- @lavernecox
As an educated, white, straight, American-born, Christian-raised woman I was never entirely aware of how insanely privileged my life has been until the last few months. My heart has broken for others every day this week reading the news. First the deportation orders, then the president's reversal of trans rights today. I don't have children, but if I did I would not want them to feel unsafe or discriminated against going to school every day. I can't imagine fearing for my safety while entering a restroom. 1 in 3 trans kids have tried to commit suicide. I cannot even pretend to know what that feels like. 😢
If you are trans just know you have an ally. We are all in this together. You are seen, you are loved, you are known. You can pee next to me any day. PS - I was not paid to write this. 😉 This is not a partisan thing. It's a human rights thing. We need to come together right now. Get out there. Stand up. Volunteer. Use your voice. #ProtectTransKids #LibertyAndJusticeForAll
- daniellayac@graceatwood A true beauty outside and inside!
- twenty7broadwaySpectacular one
- style416Love this!
- mags37Well said!!
- jennjchoo👏🏻Well said!
- coco.kelleyWay to speak up my friend! I am with you and them!!!
- carekulmaOf your Gucci belt @colettemaria1
- reselightningYou are fabulous.
- emilycagwinThank you for speaking up. I have been tempted many times in the past few months to unfollow bloggers because there is so much critical work to be done (like you said, the protection of human rights) and lifestyle / fashion posts have just felt so trivial. It's so important that anyone with a voice speak the truth, especially those with an audience. THANK YOU!
- kellyannburnsAll the yes 🙌🏻😍 proud of you
- brittandwhitYes to all of this hun! So important to speak out! We are with you and we support you! ❤️💛💚💙💜
- jkbradley21Thank you for sharing not only your desire to be an ally to transgendered people but also your understanding of your own privilege. Owning our privilege can be difficult, but it's imperative for looking past our own self-interest and seeing that the world doesn't treat every person the same. We don't all have the same opportunities. I feel like understanding that is the first step toward advocating for others.
- sharongeltnerYou are worthy. Instagram- worthy! 😉
- graceatwood@jkbradley21 I completely agree. Thanks for the thoughtful comment. ❤💕
- andiperulloYaaaaay! What an amazing comment. You go girl! You have truly become one of my favorite bloggers now. I am so tired of most bloggers staying completely quiet. SO privileged!
Log in to like or comment.