bandrainfoIncredible bungalow at st Cyril road for time travel enthusiasts
- sunflower_seeds_Love lane!!😆
- flypigmkWas known as lovers lane. Many a couple spent hours on that wall before the grill came up.
- bandrainfo@flypigmk what grill?
- sunflower_seeds_The grill that you see. Aunty Enid, that was her name who lived there, wasn't to fond of the canoodling couples that came straight out of the college around the corner and landed on her wall. So she put up that grill. And it's because of the couples that St Anthonys lane (that's the name of the lane btw) got the notorious name love lane. I grew up right there, my father @micromillidot would have a better scoop on this though 😄
- flypigmk@sunflower_seeds_ 😄 I'm an Andrean.
- sunflower_seeds_@flypigmk that's why you know about the wall😄
- bandrainfo@sunflower_seeds_ @flypigmk really wonderful backstory! Should catch up with you both and Sir @micromillidot for more back stories :) *you made my day*
- micromillidot@bandrainfo I have rambled entire Bandra in late 60s, early 70s, usually late at nights. It used to be eerie with those streetlights. Can't say more on open post, including the happenings at the photographed corner, or the lane.
- bandrainfo@micromillidot haha! Of course, would love to catch up with you over a cuppa soon to hear a few stories :)
- micromillidot@bandrainfo any Saturday or Sunday @GoodLuck or @CafeDelight (if u don't mind the class)
- bandrainfoAwesome @micromillidot those are my kind of place too! How about coming Sunday 11am at goodluck ?
- flypigmk@micromillidot you mean the old street lights that were turned on manually by a guy on a cycle each evening?
- micromillidot@flypigmk yes. And later the dim yellow tinged ones.
- flypigmk@micromillidot we are ancient 😃
Log in to like or comment.