cnnSwipe to see more photos ➡️ Donald Trump was days away from taking the oath of office when Abdalla Ramadhan Munye and Habibo Mohamed landed in the United States. The Somali refugees had seven children in tow -- two daughters, three sons and a niece and nephew they'd been raising for a decade.
But one of their daughters, Batulo, was told she would have to travel a few days later. Now, she is stuck more than 8,000 miles away.
The family was just settling into their new apartment in the Atlanta suburb of Clarkston when Trump went to the Pentagon and signed his travel ban. The stroke of a president's pen that day rewrote the first chapter of this Somali refugee family's life in the United States. (Photos: Melissa Golden for CNN)
- r74b_@samjp_m None of the major Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, or Islam) support homosexuality or gay marriage. The Judeo-Christian belief that homosexuality is a sin is based on the relatively few scriptures that can be found in the Old and New Testament of the Bible. Interpretation of the scripture varies between liberal and conservative scholars. For example many people interpret the word "sodomite" in scripture to mean homosexual rather than a resident of Sodom — even though there was no word for homosexual or homosexuality in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek.
- r74b_@samjp_m "acts of terrorism " is not jihad. this is where people go wrong and blame a religion for atrocities like terrorism .you have derived that meaning from the media not from islam
- samjp_m@r74b_ Of course they don't openly support it, that's not the point. The point is how they believe it should be self with it. The point I am making is that Islam, as you and I both stated, believes it's a sin, and that's fine. The Koran also states, like you said, they should be stoned or killed and now it's a question of if you use common sense(as in seeing that justification of a murder because it's a sin is wrong). I'm not saying certain religions are open to homosexuality, I'm saying it's how they deal with it. That's all.
- r74b_@samjp_m i and along with the vast majority of educated(in islam) muslims are against terrorists attacks,it goes against all beliefs
- r74b_@samjp_m do you believe in moses and the old testament? don't you have to believe that to be a christian??
- r74b_@samjp_m but you accept that all the Abrahamic religions state that to be gay is a sin, and that they all hold punishments for it? but what your saying is they should use"common sense " and not listen to the commands? these rules are left for judges not for us. but regarding you saying jihad is terrorism, please research that because it's totally wrong. if you want to ask me anything you are unsure of i will gladly help, 👍🏼
- r74b_@samjp_m do you believe the bible has been reformed or "updated"
- samjp_m@r74b_ See you and the vast majority(as I've stated) use common sense. There is 20% that sympathize with terroristic actions in the name of Allah, that's a huge number. Neither one of us should deny that 20% is a huge problem. I do believe in the Old Testament but I practice the New Testament, the Old Testament is most practiced by Jews. What I am saying is not to try and justify the murder of a human being because they disagree, that's what I mean. Everyone is different and I get that, I am not in favor of homosexuality but it's not my say for someone else and I'll still accept them as a person because I'll hate the sin but love the sinner. All I am getting at is that the vast majority of people in many religions have good intentions that aren't meant to harm others, but there is that portion that do not have "good intentions" and it all comes down to how it's handled in the religion. Can you agree with that?
- r74b_@samjp_m yes i accept everyone as a person, that's their sin not ours, we shouldn't judge them or treat them differently, we all sin, just in different ways . and regarding uneducated fools believing it's ok to kill innocent people in terror attacks. they are just plain misguided they are wrong. in islam@it says in war NO ONE INNOCENT SHOULD BE KILLED REGARDLESS OF RELIGION but these idiots seem to overlook that. there's no justification for any of it. but ISIS was created by the west, they all have a plan.look what they are doing in palestine.how long do you think people will bare this? people sat by watching the slaughter
- love.larae@silent_assassin8 Nope lol not even close.. it will be a wonderful day when it happens though
- firstname.lastname@example.org I understand you don't like the man, but he has a family, a little boy, it's just kind of rude to say that you hope someone dies
- love.larae@silent_assassin8 He doesn't give a fuck about anyone elses family so fuck him and his family.. I hope it's a slow and agonizing death 😊
- eepopa7 children?!?! Why so many when u can't raise them?!?! Come here so we can pay more taxes !!!
- email@example.com what makes u think that
- patrick.raczkaFuck you liberals
- spirit4meSend them back
- tomato.mood.quotes@trevorjpics wait wait don't forgot that he will say "it's a disgrace people voted for a racist"
- c1iffy_Nice Coke product placement in this photo.
- m.shahrampour@samjp_m Koran directly says to kill non believers . To kill Muslims who leave Islam to another religion like me and.... . It is NOT common sense, it's direct order. And all Muslims are obliged to follow Quran
Log in to like or comment.