londoneaterStrong selection by Seamus to go with our taster menu.
The Jura savignin from Peggy and Jean-Pascal was excellent, with a solera-ish nose (not a vin Jaune), buff caramel tartness on the palate, and shooting acidity.
The Vignasilan by Contra Soarda has a distinct nose of mangoes. 100% vespaiolo, from a long Riesling magnum bottle, and a shining example of how awesome Veneto terroir is.
Finally that Optima is essentially claret lost in South Africa. Cedary and brooding, perfect with the beef. #kangwine
- seamussharkeyPleasure mate! Good to see you x
- londoneater@seamussharkey 👍👍 delicious drop, see you again in a couple of months
- nicolastravis_Aw cool
- acissejgnowSuper cool!
- jexuicaHow did u like their wine pairing? Thinking abt either going for the wine pairing or for a bottle
- londoneater@jexuica quite impressive actually. The wines themselves all very drinkable, and also pairs very well with the food. In fact if say go with the pairing. I asked them to bring four glasses for the taster.
- jexuicaSounds good. Might consider giving it a try tonight 😜
Log in to like or comment.