neekmasonI think we constantly struggle to be present. I do. We're torn between the past and the future constantly and maybe that's the beauty of it. The very act of taking a photograph ties all these time frames together, as we record a present moment, that instantly becomes the past, so we can look at in the future. I've thought about this for some time, and it's one of the continuously fascinating things to me about this art form. It's such an interesting and human thing, that to me, shows we're all just trying to figure it out. We look back on photographs and we fool ourselves into thinking everything was perfect, but really in that moment there was chaos or something happened right before it was taken, or we got a text from someone with news we didn't want to hear, and that photograph was really the only peaceful second of that day. I've caught myself wishing I was in a different place many times- and in a way, I think that's what a lot of photographs do to us. We wish we could go back or move forward or be somewhere or something else. But we wished that back then too, and we'll wish it in the years to come. And so if we can learn anything from a photograph, let it be an embrace of imperfection and a heart that is content, in where we are in our life, with what we've got right now.
- davidparksBark nasty
- renelralstonAbsolutely. Beautifully said!!! I agree with this 1000x over
- the_2500Keep on rockin!
- heidiengebretsenBeautiful words... thank you!
- shesewsnowraw words. i ate them whole. thank you @neekmason
- matthew_tuftsYes to all of this 🙌
- jclambachGreat thoughts! Good moments > perfect pictures.
- kyler.raymondbrilliant; moving. ugh so good
- cathy.pyleYes, yes ♡
- mikesugiantoLuv your caption! Soo relatable and true ! Can't wait for more! 🤘🏼
- alexvielfaureThank you for sharing that
- mylittlecosmoLove it ! 💞
- elisejoanfitness❤ 🙏 [ @EliseJoanFitness ]
- wanderwerkAwesome! ✌
Log in to like or comment.