myladalbesioI've been having trouble figuring out what to post these days. I don't want to blast screenshots of all the terrible news notifications I'm getting daily. I can't bear reading the headlines more than once. I want to put some beauty back into the world, but it almost feels trite at this moment when we're all focusing on bigger, monumental issues. I decided my solution is to bring it back to my constant focus, the body. As women our bodies remain battlegrounds upon which political wars are waged. I remember as a child, the first time I saw the Barbara Kruger piece that says just that. I was in @fivefifthsdead's basement. "YOUR BODY IS A BATTLEGROUND." I was too young to completely understand it, but it still hit me like a ton of bricks. Our bodies are still battlegrounds, but they are also weapons, tools, temples. One avenue of fighting the power is loving your body and as such, standing up for your right to choose what happens to it. Gonna try to focus on that as a concept for a while ✨ Collage from my series REALLY REALLY REAL #bodytalk #howimdealing #studiomyla
- djtashablankYES ❤
- foundspoonsIt is so hard, every day the news are so crippling but the right thing to do has to be to work, trust that you are making something good and putting out energy that counteracts the bad. I also am praying to the universe more than ever. Myla you are a true beacon of light and you voice is heard. Thank you so much for doing what you do and speaking up. ❤️❤️❤️
- myladalbesio@foundspoons ✨💕🙏🏼
- thewinterdrinksThings just keep on getting worse, so we've got to keep the good things good. beauty is never trite.
- abbadabbad00Thank you! Always appreciate your art & point of view 🙏
- hunterabramsI feel the same way @myladalbesio...I want to focus on something besides the orange dump truck but also it feels so important to not stop paying attention
- brainontoastYou are honestly one of the most inspiring people I follow. Artistically speaking, but also personally. I think it's ok to not always comment on what's currently happening. It's truly overwhelming, and I don't even live in the states! I guess we should allow ourselves to also focus on what's actually working in our lives, instead of just remaining in a constant negative space. Personally, I know that I get a lot of strenght from focusing on all the love around me🙏🏼💖🌻
- myladalbesio@moonandwizard 💕💕💕
- yisdarisss@lilasforissier 💥
- laurenschenck@myladalbesio they are incredible you have the perfect body and beauty and hope become good friends and a queen of modeling and angel love you please add me thanks 💛💕💕❤️❤️💛💛💛💕❤️💕💛💕❤️❤️💛💛
- exquisitelyalexaSuch a beautiful message 🙌🏽🙏🏽❤️Bless you for sharing your powerful words and your light 🌟
- swope.stevenArt. Unconditional art.
Log in to like or comment.