hellomikoreyShe hates tummy time, I don't think I've heard curdled screams from horror movies this bad. So we've been trying on her sleeper, with a kid-friendly mirror to distract her from the work. She loves it and no more screaming 💓
- jessjudkinsShe is soooooooooo cute ❤ Magnolia also hated tummy time, but I forgot what I did. Lack of sleep means I forget a lot 😉😘
- the_osbrownsThose pjs ❤🍩
- mylittleveganI have to use the boppy or i put her tummy to tummy. She CAN roll but choose to scream instead x__x
- sarahgreatloveargh she's so adorable even from the back!!! 😂
- prettycrybbSo cute! 💕Where are those donuts pjs from!?
- hellomikorey@prettycrybb from Nordstrom Rack, the brand is Rosie Posie Baby 👍
- hellomikorey@sarahgreatlove 😂😂😭💓
- hellomikorey@mylittlevegan 🙄😂😂
- miss_carolcatOh Miko. Already putting mom and dad to work. I love it. #babyfistbump
- therealdanielleharrisYou guys are so good 😍
- elissacandeDo you wear her? Babywearing counts as tummy time.
- theareneeAs an pediatric OT, I appreciate this so much! Tummy time makes such a difference in a kid's development. So many little ones spend too much time being supported, either in baby carriers or car seats, and end up missing out on important sensory development! Way to problem solve, mama!
- hellomikorey@elissacande yes and I didn't know that, thank you 😘
- hellomikorey@thearenee does babywearing not count as tummy time then? I wear her but curious if i shouldn't count it as tummy time then. Thanks!
- theareneeFrom an OT point of view, I wouldn't count it. They aren't working on developing their postural control muscles in the same way during babywearing. The prone (or tummy time) position is also really important for the development of vision and visual tracking. So props for baby wearing, and it's awesome for a lot of reasons, but it isn't an effective substitute for good old tummy time! 💖
- hellomikorey@thearenee thank you! 😘💓
- theareneeOf course! If you ever have questions, let me know! 💕
- elissacande@hellomikorey You're welcome! I couldn't remember if I saw you with a baby carrier or not. I understand the OT's point above. My understanding came from my child's own physical therapist when he had torticollis. She said it counted. Further research had me conclude that tummy wasn't necessary until the baby could actually roll onto their stomach. And while babywearing and tummy time offer many similar benefits, it is true that sling time is simply preparation for tummy time and the motor skills they will gain from TT that they can't gain from being in a carrier, ie reaching for toys. I've seen many professionals recommend, but to each her own.
- elizabethmulderSo, do they make those pajamas in adult sizes? 😁 My nephew was not a fan of tummy time and I remember being so happy on the days it was a success.
- velvetbirdOh man, we had a tummy time hater also! I forgot all about the screams of pure anger 😂
Log in to like or comment.