chefswidowA few years back my brother found sobriety for almost a year. Today he wants to die.
I spent my morning doing what I have done multiple times over the past 10 years. Trying to find an answer. Always looking, searching, praying I can get my brother back. But always coming up short.
There is NO ANSWER to this epidemic. Yes there is blame. We can point fingers at drug companies and big pharm for the push of their highly addictive drug OxyContin. We can point fingers at the addicts, saying it was their choice to use. We can point fingers at the dealers. But all that does is make your finger hurt. It does nothing, it solves nothing.
The Vietnam War had 58,000 American casualties. In 2016 there were 47,000 casualties of opiate overdoses. These are our children, our brothers, our sisters, and our mothers.
I want my brother back. I just don't how.
- xtraordnaryladyAs a child of addiction, I stand with you. I am prayerful for you and your brother, and all dealing with this pain. Never give up. God is by your side.
- glassmann@chefswidow ❤🙏🏼🙌🏼
- lisalaudato99sending love and light to you all. xo
- trapdinaboxxYou are in our thoughts @chefswidow . 💚
- tmgastronautSending my love, hope, and support.
- pietrzyk@chefswidow I'm doing it with an ex and wonderful person. It's so hard.
- raretuneSending up prayers and positive thoughts. ❤️
- asheldon01I have been lucky enough to get my brother back and it's more than 10 years of sobriety for him. I pray you get the same.
- tiff_unbothered_Prayers to you all
- nataliejlucero😔🙏🏼. I am so sorry. I completely understand. Stay strong ❤️
- ashbezoskiNar-Anon is an amazing organization that helped me through my brothers relapse last year. Having a sibling who is an addict is one of the hardest, saddest and frustrating this I've ever come face to face with. Keep hope!
- thaxtonsorganicgarlicLove ya all
Log in to like or comment.