victoriaelizabethbarnesLOOK AT HER FEET!! The tufts on her back paws are even floofier but she refuses to allow me to photograph them.
She is doing well and coming out of her shell... still shy but I can see she will be fine with a time and patience!
AND my previous foster's new mom sent me 25 photos of him, the 9 million toys they bought him, and him sleeping curled up in bed with one of their daughters. Which BEYOND made my day... I can see he is loved.
- tedabugFloofy floofer indeed! Gorgeous.
- rhondalovesvintageShe is a gorgeous girl!💖😽😽💖
- twinnerbFloofy is a word we use to describe our Violet the diluted tortie.
- itsmeeileenHer GFT'S are her foot floofies ☆ what a super star
- melsmadcatShe's beautiful!!! @victoriaelizabethbarnes 😍😍😍
- victoriaelizabethbarnes@karenviscitointeriors I will!!
- victoriaelizabethbarnes@bridgewires I assume we're not talking about fur! (A grooming brush, an upholstery attachment for your vacuum and a bulk pack of lint rollers will take care of that.) Keeping your cat claws clipped will go a long way toward them not putting them into anything. But a lot of people use those little rubber claw caps (Google will show you.) All cats are different too. My polydactyl foster was a maniac with the scratching posts... she preferred them to anything else. So having a good assortment of appropriate material is a good start. (They might prefer one over the other.) The kittens were not so respectful!! (But of course they are little and want to climb your drapes and eat shoes and tassels and basically get into everything.) If you want a baby, you can train a kitten to use a scratch post. On the other hand, contact your shelter (hopefully they have a foster program or can point you to one) and you could let them know that you are looking for an adult cat who is DEVOTED to her scratch post... that's the benefit of foster homes: they can tell you a lot about the animal you are getting!
Or, of course you could always look for a cat who has been surrendered who is declawed! Declawing is becoming illegal in many places, so there are not always a lot of options. But if you are patient, one will pop up. Especially if you let local shelters know you are looking!
Also, I should add that I think once they get into your heart, they become more important than the furniture. Which, coming from a woman who likes her pretty things pretty…
OK! Sorry for the novel… But if there is any chance I can convince you to adopt a kitty, you know I have to try! xoxo VEB
- lisayenzerShe is a beauty!!
- a__rose@bridgewires Just please for the love of god, never have a cat declawed. It's the equivalent of having your finger removed to the first knuckle. It's horrible. You can glue "kitty caps" over their nails, which work well! But cats will be cats and chances are they're gonna scratch a chair at some point. If you value your furniture more than a cat- please do NOT get a cat.
- pammbwMy kitten likes to sharpen her claws on the posts of my mahogany rice carved bed. Bad kitty. I tied towels around the posts. Problem solved. There is always a way to deal with a scratching kitten that does not involve declawing. The corners of my sofa have not fared as well. Such is the price of being a pet owner. 😀
- karenannahartung_Adorable 😻😻
- bridgewires@a__rose aw, i wouldn't do that! i'd only save an already-declawed kitty from a shelter. i appreciate your comment. i'm doing lots of research so that my lifestyle and my cat will live in harmony. @victoriaelizabethbarnes you gave me great tips i hadn't thought of, thank you so much! i love the idea of starting a relationship with a shelter and i've been thinking of volunteering with one first to really get a feel for various kitty personalities, and them for me. having an assortment of scratching post-ish choices is fun and reminds me of one of my favorite phone time wasters, neko atsume. 😻
- a__rose@bridgewires I love you for being anti-declawing!!! I thought my cats would hate the kitty caps, but they didn't mind. Vets even recommend them! I had a landlord who required cats to be declawed, so obviously I just lied and put clear kitty caps on them. He was one the wiser! And a jackass for require declawing, who does that? Good luck on your kitty adventures, you seem very kind and cats will be lucky to be around you :)
- bridgewires@a__rose you're sweet, thank you!!
- amygreenanOh the foofy paws! I love her so much. I can't imagine she'll go without a forever home for long. Thanks for your fostering efforts, you are an angel!
- survivingfoodEk iş kayıt ve takip için DM
- mlk39This is the prettiest cat ever. 😻
- redbeautytextilesHow do you get your fosters to get along with your permanent kitties?
- manitouzooFloofy footed foster fun! Love her @jazzhandskitty check out the pretty boopable nose here
- jazzhandskitty@manitouzoo SO boopable! Love all da fluffy tuxedo goodness! 😻
Log in to like or comment.