nomadicthunkerWhen you strike up a conversation with the jhaalmuri wallah/vendor...
P.S.: Jhaalmuri is a distinguished member of the chaat family and is what some of us know as bhelpuri in other parts of India
On that day, getting off the flight from Guwahati to Agartala (which was a rescheduled one) and making our way to the railway station to get to Kumarghat, food sadly took the back seat during those 6 odd hours!
Then this happened and I grinned like the five year old I used to be when she'd see the cotton-candy vendor .
#Agartala #Tripura #northeastindia #northeast #traintravel #streetfood #whereisnortheast #India #indiatravelgram #indiatravel #indiatraveldiaries #travel #wanderlust #vagabond #instatravel #worldnomads #bbctravel #hgwanderlust #travelblogger #glimpsesofindia #incredibleindiaofficial #girlwhotravels #womanonthemove #sheisnotlost #travelstoke #lonelyplanetindia #BillionSmiles @thebetterindia #lonelyplanetmagazineindia #nikonphotography #HaveFeetWillTravel
- nimsawIt's quite popular in Kolkata too:))
- _nautanki_saaliAmazing ;)
- agnostic_bohemianI love it... Shouldn't have seen it... Can't get it anywhere in Mumbai... 😞
- takeofftushI must object...Jhalmuri is perhaps related to bhel Puri as perhaps a step sibling at best. For one the two taste nothing alike - mustard oil for Muri and tamarind chutney for Bhelpuri and two there is no Puri in Muri. Ok rant done. #YenjoyMuchly
- zehrachhapiwalaNothing like chaat 😍 pani puri anyday to recharge and feel sooo goood
- shoestringsonthemoveI love jhaalmuri. One thing I never miss when I am in kolkata. The mustard oil and the mustard paste makes it most distinctive from other snacks.
- nomadicthunker@nimsaw Yeah yeah :D It's an eastern India thing. Remember spotting these when I was in Bihar too. Where have travels been taking you lately, Nimish?
- nomadicthunker@_nautanki_saali 😁 Become such a bhookhad ya (not that I'm complaining though)
- nomadicthunker@agnostic_bohemian Use that as an excuse to travel somewhere sometime soon :-P
- nomadicthunker@takeofftush Objection sustained. All valid points. In simplifying the phenomenon that is jhaalmuri for non chaat enthusiasts I must admit I got carried away 😊
- nomadicthunker@zehrachhapiwala You're going to hate me but that is all I've been gobbling on almost everyday 😈
- nomadicthunker@dipanwiita Absolutely! It's yummilicious
Log in to like or comment.