bohemian.travelI just spent a delightful afternoon with this man, at the Mezhyhirya Residence: the former home of Ukraine’s exiled president, Yanukovych.
This wasn’t my first visit. I’ve been to Mezhyhirya twice before but I’ve always been curious about Petro, the building’s mysterious caretaker. Dressed in what looks like medieval leather armour, with a flag draped round his shoulders as a cape, I couldn’t help but wonder what his story was… and how a shopkeeper from Lviv ended up with the keys to the presidential palace. So today I went back just to see him, and we sat down for a lengthy interview.
Unsurprisingly, Petro had a fascinating story to tell. I’m going to post the whole transcript on my blog soon, but for now, here he is posing for a shot in the corridors of Mezhyhirya.
Photograph by Darmon Richter / The Bohemian Blog
- bohemian.travel#Kyiv #Ukraine #Mezhyhirya #Mansion #Honka #Maidan #Kiev #Palace #Travel #BohemianTravel
- villa_utopic_saint_barthBrilliant one
- irinacallegherI'm very interested to hear the story...
- scenes.from.a.memoryNice shot ! 💥
- ilovebonvoyageTerrific :)
- les_burnsBrilliant! Can't wait.
Log in to like or comment.