craftivistaThe "female and proud" sign really got to me. Because ever since certain comments by a certain man were caught on tape I've been reminded of some not cool things experienced by me as well as friends of mine. Today I was fully reminded that women are amazing in the most beautiful of ways. That we keep going even when things get tough, we keep rising. And seeing this sign today reminded me that part of my light dimmed after hearing those comments and his subsequent election. Scared of what message that sends to people everywhere, especially young girls and boys. He admits horrible behavior and gets elected- it took me a long time to see that a vote for him doesn't equal a vote for his behavior. And, as with other women, that omission brought up some terrible feelings and memories. And it got a little swampy. But today made me proud to be a lady and have loads of amazing lady friends. And allies. And guys in my life who know that crap is not okay. Ever. And that pride felt good to come rushing back. Here's to all the pride that came rushing back to others today, too, as they were reminded that they are amazing. And brilliant. And important. And heard. #womensmarch
- hopeonastring💕💕💕💕💕💕 UNITED
- alphabetashleyYes. 💕✨
- risemysoul#femaleandproud 💪🏻love it!!!!!
- atxcraftivistsBeing a part of this march made me feel less alone, too. I'm so happy to read this and happy we were able to make history today💗
- craftguerrilla👏❤️💪 Beautifully put! And thank you for being one of those inspirational ladies! X
- gallopinghorsemakersFired up, and ready to craft!
- craftivista@atxcraftivists Aw, yeah! xx
- craftivista@craftguerrilla Thanks, sweets! xx
- craftivista@gallopinghorsemakers Yessss!!
Log in to like or comment.