erinmccarleyBeen trying to write something for days now just to get my thoughts unscrambled. We all have the capability of feeling alive. Being awake. And being aware. Those are things I want and strive to be everyday. I wrote down all of the qualities I want in my leaders, in the people I surround myself with on a day to day basis, and in myself. **Humble. Dependable. Ambitious. Honest. Cognizant/Conscious. Sensible. Exhibits self control. Promotes equality. Promotes educating oneself. Creative. Mindful. Calming. Mature. Caring. Straightforward. Cooperative. Attentive. Can laugh at herself/himself. Empathetic. Student of life. Intuitive. Progressive. Healthy self worth ** Then I wrote down what I don't want to be around. --ASLEEP. Unaware. Bully. Pompous. Boastful. Manipulative. Stubborn. Impatient. Impulsive. Emotionally unstable. Dishonest. Cynical. Oppressive. Aggressive. Unreasonable. Intimidating. Undermining. A bluffer. Demanding. Secretive. Projector. Insecure -- It was a hard list to look back at and read to myself around noon today while a man I admire and look up to surrendered his position to a man I certainly do not respect. I have tried to see the best in him and in all of this transition, and I will keep trying. But for now, I march. Nashville will feel my feet firmly on the ground tomorrow. I'm a very private person and I don't like to display my emotions and face all over the internet. But I can't be quiet about how important it is that we are not ignored and will be heard. I want to feel safe as a woman, as a human, as a future (hopeful) mother. I want my neighbors in other cultures, races, sexual orientation to be fully accepted and honored as equals. And for mother f-in' climate change to be taken seriously. I urge you to be active in your community and be open and loving to everyone through all of this. I'm so honored to stand next to my sisters and brothers in this red state tomorrow to be driven with love, purpose, and a full heart.
- amylpackerSee you there ✊🏼
- sara_bexThank you for this. 💞✊🏼
- sunnyspysYes @erinmccarley all of this yes! I am very proud of you and will see you and hug your neck tomorrow. ✌🏼💖
- meg_hennyCan you come perform in Birmingham? We would love to see you here!
- jennadorianAMEN WOMAN!
- carmengiaThank you for standing up!!!!! ❤
- casoltzThere's a lot to unscramble. And a lot to stand up for. 💜
- meditatingnationBeautiful Erin! Thank you!!!
- cherhorowitzzzIf I could like this a million times 💛
- katiehalmThis is everything 🙌🏻💪🏻
- magnessmanUgh, you're everything. SO well said! ❤
- bmccarleSo proud of my girl ❤❤
Log in to like or comment.