voxdotcomPresident Donald Trump boasted his inauguration would have an "unbelievable, perhaps record-setting turnout." But aerial shots of the National Mall from President Barack Obama’s 2009 inauguration and today show that isn’t likely. Left is an image taken at about 11:30am ET in 2009; to the right is what it looked like at 11:04am ET today.
Federal and local agencies have estimated that anywhere from 700,000 to 900,000 people will be in Washington, DC, today for Trump’s inauguration — that’s roughly half the number of people who attended Obama’s inauguration in 2009; and less than the one-million turnout in 2013. See more details behind the link in our bio. #Trump #Obama #Inauguration
- mehicadis@erin_kat saw this and thought it was pretty funny!
- summer_scott@emmaascott @candapanda07 @wigthekid
- pablo_alejandroquinteroVerga si arrecho @luisignaciocc
- besson_simonAnd guess what? Donald J. Trump is still the President regardless of who and how many people turned out. Watching it on TV while at WORK was much better.
- _sofiafergusonLmfaoooooo I love this @sarahfarnand
- sarahfarnandHahaha what a joke @_sofiaferguson
- wigthekid@summer_scott he blamed it on the rain. That's literally a milli Vanilli song.
- xaviana_mae@erikhashtagless 😂😭😂😂😂😂💀
- anaidfedez@besson_simon this isn't about if he is the president or not. It's about the White House press sec officially making a bogus statement saying it was the highest turnout of any inauguration. Manipulating something that is so obviously not true is how fascists and dictators run their governments.
- sutt.j@conservative_nevada here's some actual proof. Same times same angles
Log in to like or comment.