datesandavocadosI'm entering this RAW MACADAMIA CHEEZE to join the lovely @greensmoothiegourmet and her #findingsavory party before it ends (Dee I finally made it!😉) She shares the most mouthwatering creations and I'm so happy to have connected with her 💕
Most of my posts are tarts and cakes (you all know how much I love them) but I'm also a huge fan of raw cheeses and I have so much fun making them. This is one of my faves, soft with a perfect consistency (similar to traditional goat cheese)
I'd also like to thank @a.healthy.nut for featuring my lemon and strawberry cake this morning 🍋💛
Bringing this recipe to the #feedfeed #hackingsnacking #contest
RECIPE for the MACADAMIA CHEEZE:
2 cups macadamia nuts, soaked
6 Tbsp water
1 capsule probiotic powder (acidophilus)
2 1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
Black pepper for topping
1.Soak the macadamia nuts for overnight. Then, rinse and drain them.
2.Blend the nuts with 6Tbsp water in a high speed blender until very smooth. Add a little bit more if need it.
3.Once you get a nice and creamy consistency, add the probiotic powder and blend again for a few seconds (don't overblend)
4.Pour the mixture into a cheese cloth and tie up the ends. Place it in a strainer and set over a container to drain all excess of liquid.
5.Now is time to let the fermentation process occur. If you have a dehydrator, set the temp at 85F and transfer the cheese. If you don't have a dehydrator, leave it at room temperature. Let ferment between 24 and 48h depending on how sour you like it.
6.At this point, you can open the cheese cloth and you should have a nice fermented nut cheese. Smell and look at it!
7.Transfer the cheese into a clean bowl.
A thin crust layer will be formed on top. You can remove it if you don't like (I always keep it)
8.Add the flavor ingredients and mix well adjusting them as desired.
9.Transfer the cheese to a parchment paper and form a roll. Twist the ends and transfer to the fridge. To achieve a good consistency should be in the refrigerator for at least 24h.
10.Last step! Take the cheese out and roll in fresh ground black pepper. Slice and enjoy!
- pinnaclepublishersThis is great!
- kitchencorrespondent_It looks amazing!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻❤
- butterfedfitnessWow, thanks for sharing this! Can't wait to try!!
- meroelWow i've never seen this beforw
- lauren.engelkeThis looks so tasty!!
- heartbeetkitchenTrying to find probiotic capsule with powder that is white/clear -- all I've bought are grey. Suggestions?
- datesandavocados@heartbeetkitchen I'm sending you a DM!
- aleesaatthediscoHer whole page is wonderful @melliemariee
- melliemarieeAwesome! Thanks @aleesaatthedisco !
- alliectree@mdrtree my weekend!
- mdrtree@alliectree nice!
- saraamacintosh@alana_macintosh we need to try this!!!
- trishthedish17Wonder if only cashews would work? Allergic to macadamia nuts :(
- saraamis@kellieamis we gotta make this
- hendooooo@veggiereviews you could totally make your own cheese! Check out this account!
- 30.m.i.s@heartbeetkitchen did you find any brand?
- aleesaatthediscoHere's the recipe I used for the cheese. Only thing is that I switched cashews for macadamia nuts this time @nephiliminwhite
Log in to like or comment.