seancwatkinsI was born and raised independent/republican then I went out into the world, befriended a bunch of leftie musicians and realized that, in the macro view, most of us as people and a nation ultimately want to be in a similar place, we just disagree on how to get there in the micro view. I realize that sounds like a load of hippy feel-good-ery but I thinks it's true. As a nation, our political pendulum swings from the right to the left and back again. My political views have and continue to evolve and I've come the place personally where I don't savor the idea of being associated with one party over the other. The two dimensional, one club or the other, system feels old and tired to me. I'm in favor of good ideas that move us forward as a nation regardless of their origin. I'm in favor of ideas that translate into more freedom for everybody in our county and abroad. I feel like our former president had some pretty good ideas and I'm proud to've met him a couple years ago. I'm hoping for the best as we move into a new era as a nation and I'm going to do my best to frame my political views with the greater good of humanity in mind rather than one party or the other.
- nacho_walrusYou absolutely could not have said it better. 👏 👏 👏 👏
- john.luseSolid sean!
- edgehillherbfarmBless you!
- calebbhawkinsFor once I see something sensible from a musician about politics! I personally spent a number of years at odds with some of what Obama was pushing and I still don't agree with a lot of what the government has attempted from either party. My hope and prayer is that the government begins to have less influence on the success and failures of our people.
- susanegarThis. Oh gosh, this.
- _stuckinsocal_So can you run in '20? 😊
- overdiekYou spread good wherever you go, this post meant a lot to me. The people in the middle need to stick together. Thanks Sean!
- bethagrantThis is one of the wisest posts I seen in a long time.
- jwfariamusicThis. 💯👍
- attquattroWell said Sean
- caseyanne87Thank you so much for this.
- pecma01This! All day long, this! Well said!
- lovasasimplsongThank you for this. I believe so many of us feel this way.
- sillynasLove it @seancwatkins!! ❤❤
- kellygonzales6Well said!! Miss you❤
- rughe.cotoneWell. I like your take much more than Gabriel Kahane's lol.
- maryalison7So jealous you met him! He's like my fav person ever!
Log in to like or comment.