heidiapplesWe made almond butter yesterday & I have been reminded that I really must do it more often. The flavour is insanely good. I roast a tray of almonds in the oven until toasty golden good (15 ish mins), then once cooled I blitz them in my magi mix (thanks for the wedding present, Mum & Dad!) & watch them turn from whole nuts, to nut flour, to nut paste. I then add sea salt, sometimes cinnamon & occasionally maple syrup, before one more quick blitz. Store it in a jar in the fridge 👊🏼 Yesterday we stuffed dates with it, today we used it to make @gwynethpaltrow's candy bar recipe (easily available online), which has been on my to-make list for ages. I am so excited to dive into them tomorrow. Sweet dreams, folks! I am off to bed with a big bowl of yoghurt & honey. Joan has been waking us verrrrry early this week & we are all beat. I have found myself doing highly questionable things, like taking food from the freezer to defrost in the fridge, but instead of the fridge I put it in the dishwasher. And don't even get me started on doing simple math. I can make almond butter & look after Joan, but DO NOT ask me what 7 + 9 is. Alright, I'm out 💚
- katypresh@clairecathcart my motor just broke making bliss balls
- jo_rodgersSounds so good! Though we get through gallons, we have never actually made our own. Must try it! Xx
- kabblesMmmm maybe bring a small bit tomorrow 👏🏻👏🏻😄😄😄
- themollylaFabulous!!!! Yum yum. How long will it keep in the fridge!? X
- malikaasthanaBeautiful colour! Question for you - did you soak the almonds beforehand, and did you remove the skin from the almonds after toasting?
- myfiggingcrazykitchenOoh you just inspired me to make some nut butter this weekend!
- saltandsuchI need to do this!
- liss_can_cookYes I also would like to know how long it lasts in the fridge. 🙏🏻
- stephjs81Ooh. Max wakes up at 5 these days! Painful isn't it?
- brittin.claire.priorYum!!! I should try this!!
- heidiapplesSeriously forcing me to be in bed early!! @stephjs81 x
- heidiapplesSterilise the jar and it'll last a while! Not sure precisely how long, ours never keeps longer than a week! @liss_can_cook
- heidiapplesI didn't soak them or remove the skin x @malikaasthana
- heidiapplesIf you sterilise the jar it'll keep a while! I keep mine for a week, that's how long it tends to last in my fridge coz we eat it fast! @themollyla xxxxx
- heidiapplesIt is so great @katypresh!!! It turns nuts into nut butter soooo easily, like it's just sneezing. No effort. It has tonnes of chopping features which save time but I use it mainly for nut butter, hummus, pesto, sauces... xx
- heidiapplesOmg @clairecathcart we played dead dog after water & date snack at 4am this morning and it worked!!! Got another hour or so out of her!!! 👊🏼💚 thank you
- heidiapplesYep! @ac_brite
- laurennnceThis looks so delicious! @heidiapples how many almonds does it take to make a jar this size?
Log in to like or comment.