dylan_odonnell_Someone ( @pcalderonart I think! ) sent me a wonderful sample of West Australian red sand to stick under the Celestron 360 microscope. Up close (top-right) you can see that it's essentially not unlike the clear Quartz grains from the pure white sand of the coast, even translucent. But it's covered with even finer red dust, and small black rocks. I dragged a strong magnet through this which separates the black - Iron! (Bottom) The red dust of course is the oxidised iron which flakes away from the original metal literally covering the earth in rust - exactly like Mars. Coastal sand has iron in it too, and you can separate it with a magnet but this red sand from Australia's interior has a much higher ratio. Want to send me weird samples? Dylan O'Donnell PO Box 2040, Byron Bay NSW 2481 Australia. Please don't send bibles or korans. as they will be used for science experiments too. #celestron #micro360 #microscope #redsand #westernaustralia #iron #rust #mars #science
- spc456aGood science Dylan !
- tony_jovCan I send any sample?😉😉😉💦
- dylan_odonnell_@tony_jov no 😂
- denvyloHaha I'm now tempted to send you a stack of bibles to see what experiment you'll do with them 😄
- dylan_odonnell_@denvylo hahaha!
- violeta.m68Amazing 👍😊
- utah_get_me_threeSending you some trump hair.
- dylan_odonnell_@utah_get_me_three not sure if Russian samples will get thru customs 😆
- dee_k3Amazing ❤
- longtech.elsewhere@dylan_odonnell_ haha :-)
- scuderiapacnwFerruginous sands. Woot woot. @dylan_odonnell_
- awobservatoryCould I warm my hands around your religious experiment?
- pcalderonartHiya Dylan ! 😀😀 This is so awesome, what a great set of pics !!💃 W.A. is an ancient-geology treat, it's amazing what a bit of old 'Martian' dust can tell you - hope you get to look up the Yilgarn Basin sometime - I didn't know parts of the earth's crust were different ages
- marijose.rabagosanabraisVery interesting Dylan! 😊👍 Oh, and I loved the bibles and korans reference! 😀
Log in to like or comment.