officialspikeleeGood Morning Folks. I Wuz Sorry To Read That "Sistuh Girl" Is Singin' At DT's Inauguration (And To Use His Fav Word-SAD). I Wuz Thinkin' 'bout Using Chrisette's Song- BLACK GIRL MAGIC In My Netflix Series SHE'S GOTTA HAVE IT.... NOT ANYMORE. And Dat's Da Truth, Ruth.
- blackgirlsees❤❤❤❤❤ you're the real one! thank god for you spike!
- robot_wickerWell, I would have been very interested in the Netflix show but, after reading such Nigtardery, I won't be watching and will find some white folks show to watch. Take that NIGGAROE! I didn't even know who she was. Now, I'm going to buy her music. She's above all of this.
- dontcomeformeunlessisendforu3@robot_wicker bye boy hope your one album buy will save her career. She's been singing for more than 10 yrs and you've never bought her album. It's people like us that put food on her table all those years and it's us that she disappointed. You're a man so you are a target for the newly created prisons. You are so proud to boast about buying one album when thousands will boycott her. How will your one album save her? The black community is slowly coming together and soon coons and coon supporters will have to answer to their black race. I will block you now as I bid you farewell.
- dontcomeformeunlessisendforu3@truckergirl_702 there's no problem here. Let her keep her freedom to coon and we will keep our money and support.
- robot_wicker@dontcomeformeunlessisendforu3 Actually, me buying anyone's album is big coming from me. I really don't listen to R&B and the last 10 years I've bought albums have been Prince. I'm looking at buying Alice Fredenham's album and now, I will look into buying Ms. Michele's album. It's all good. My freedom to choose remains intact. I'm not your boy!
- truckergirl_702I think I am officially going to start to quit spending any money on ANYTHING that has to do with ANY of these HOLLYWOOD A-HOLES who do stuff like this to others, who call other black people, mediocre blacks etc..., who threaten to burn certain buildings down, all who refused to go to the Inaguration, those who said they were leaving the Country if Trump won the election, etc.... I'm done spending my hard earned money on a bunch of jerks! Time to stop giving them any attention, and hit them where it hurts! If they don't think about what running their mouth could do to their fan base, not my issue! I'm tired of hearing their crap!
- seegxdyou a lame for this move spike
- newbianqueen_raGood job!
- kevinsaltersNot feeling this one spike. This woman deserves the respect any woman is given who makes a decision that's patriotic.
- princedagreatest@officialspikelee can I be in the series 🙌🏾 give me a chance lol
- gr8moneysolutionsIt takes courage to integrate all white institutions. Remember Little Rock Nine, would you have told them to stay home. If we want inclusion we have to be willing to be in spaces with people who are unfamiliar with the concept and what is in it for them. They are our pioneers and they are taking new ground.
- beautyreststop@proper_art like W.E.B Dubois said we should always be critical of our leaders or those who are put in a position of influence. However, he also mentioned that there is a way to do it. And there was obviously no love intended by this post from Mr. Lee. Being who he is, he has to be very mindful of how he responds to certain things because there are people like you who care enough about him more than weather or not he was right in a certain situation. I'm a huge fan of his. But right is right and wrong is wrong. You can not trump hate with hate, only love can do that. That is all I am saying.
- proper_art@beautyreststop you missed my point. I was trying to stop the judgement. Chrisette was free to make a decision that was best for her and Spike had the freedom not to use her music. It's about Freedom.
- beautyreststop@proper_art so he should have done just that, not used her music. And that could have been done without publicly shaming her. Did you read his post? That's the point I'm trying to make.
- proper_art@beautyreststop Try not to take his response as shaming her bcuz he may feel her decision to perform was shameful. Point being: We All have the right and free-will to perform and speak as we choose PERIOD. I feel you nor I should tell individuals (Chrisette/Spike) what they should or shouldn't do.
- beautyreststop@proper_art yet you're defending a man who is doing the exact same thing that you "feel" you nor I should be doing. I hear what you are saying but it just sounds a little contradicting. Who cares that he disagreed with her. He thought it was a disgrace and voiced that to all of us, I thought it was disgraceful how he dealt with the disgrace and voiced my opinion. I don't like that she performed but I would never drag a person bc I disagreed with an action they have taken, especially a person as sweet as Chrisette.
- proper_art@beautyreststop I love Chrisette Michelle. I am arguing her right to perform AND Spike's right to post his feelings. Yes you have the right to speak against Spike, I just wish we could make moves and decisions freely without people telling us: how to do it, when to do it, what format to do it in. That is oppression. I just want people of color (Chrisette/Spike) be given freedom without people oppressing them. They are probably in a boardroom/studio collaborating right now while you and I are going back & forth over nothing. #StayWoke
- beautyreststop@proper_art we are going back and forth about nothing. And I talked to my professor about spike lee today. My professor was an advisor on Spike Lee's Malcolm X movie in effort to make sure the history was right. Unfortunately, my professor isn't too fond of Spike's work bc he deliberately left out important parts of the Malcom X Movie in order to not receive the same criticism that Oscar received for the JFK movie for "too much conspiracy." So instead of including the whole truth he withheld, to avoid criticism. I completely agree with you when you say you wished ppl could make decisions freely without the oppression of other people. It is the fear of the critics that stop ppl from speaking the truth and standing on what they believe. Unfortunately, that's not how the world works. Therefore we must condition ourselves as brick in order to not be moved by what is thrown at us and prepare ourselves for the scrutiny even as it comes from our own people.
Log in to like or comment.