maskcaraJust found this entry in one of my old journals I'd written right after I moved to San Francisco at 22. My 20's were fun and exciting and also really hard. Now that I've become much better at expressing myself and being honest even when it's unpopular or negative I sometimes find myself losing patience with people who aren't there yet. This little page reminded me of how hard that was to feel locked inside my own skin, needing approval and acceptance so desperately. It reminded me how easy it is to forget what hard things feel like when you don't feel them anymore.
- kristyhafenMaybe it's because we have felt hard things that we are able to work through it and then we are granted the grace to forget that type of hard and move to our next growth state. It's always something hard, or challenging, whether it's inside ourselves or the hurt we feel for another human. It's hard to understand how someone else isn't where I am but I'm not where someone else is yet either. Thanks for sharing 💕 your words are beautifully written.
- deesignplayThat's pretty cool! Love
- justcallmekatlionI could've written this. You're amazing and such a kindhearted and strong woman we all can admire and look up to ❤
- hollyvanhart 👍 @maskcara 🌟🌟
- jodiwhitfitGreat post!!
- ocbeautymom@bethmtheule this is Cara's acct! 👆🏻☺
- eb5_skincareI love this. It's fun to see a person's progress - You think you're so grown up in your 20's and then looking back realize how much you didn't know. Thanks for this!
- smithtribe5The cutest 😀
- aleksandrakoleskamakeupSo gorgeous 💥
- shopbabioNice 😍
- mothermoonieI am 48. Like you, I kept journals too. Then, this past August 13th, we were hit by a freak flash flood (Denham Springs, Louisiana) and we got 6 and a half feet of water. If it was not on the top shelf, it didn't make it. I lost all my journals, except 2. The hardest things were the personal things... things from my grown daughters childhoods, journals, photographs... this kind of things
- mothermoonieI'm not asking for pity, I'm simply saying waterproof and secure your precious journals and such. Our house is over 50 years old. Never ever had it flooded... but you never know what tomorrow brings! God bless! Tracy Beard
- veronicanicolemakeupKeep it up!
- somethingspblended💙 💙 💙
- _jillthomasAmen friend amen. I know exactly what you mean! ❤️
- svetlana.lukyanov'Ve been there, and done that..so me also. Thank you for sharing ❤ and you are probably an ISFJ personality if you have ever taken Briggs Meyer personality test
Log in to like or comment.