franciewinslowSo yesterday I posted a picture of my cozy "be still and know God" corner. This morning I chuckle. After getting up and turning off my alarm (that is intentionally across the room...ahem...snooze issues)... I crawled back into bed with a crazy sore throat. As I lay there snuggled in my warm comforter, I slowly embraced the truth that I indeed got enough sleep and that my day will not be any better if I just lie there...I need to get moving. So I gargled warm salt water (remember that trick?) to soothe the throat, traded my normal creamy coffee for lemon infused lipton, and settled into my spot. #deepbreath.
A whole 5 minutes later there were whimpering cries headed my way, growing pains in the five year old. Then the need for warmer pants. Then a crazy loud alarm clock another kid accidentally set an hour early. I'm running through the dark hallways to shut it off and realizing that the window of time I set apart seems to be slipping away. My insides feel frantic, frustrated, and still tired. And it's not even light outside.
And then I hear a quiet voice echo in my heart reminding me of the words in this Psalm:
" ....EVEN THERE- My hand will lead you." EVEN THERE. on the not so picture perfect morning. EVEN THERE. when sickness just won't back down. EVEN THERE. when you feel defeated before the day begins. EVEN THERE when a child is struggling or your heart is aching or your marriage is floundering or you are wondering what to do with big decisions that lay ahead. EVEN THERE.
Yes, friend. Even there His hand will be on you. He will lead you. He will be WITH YOU.
So in this day filled with little humans and little hiccups and maybe some high hills to climb - I will stand knowing that : "EVEN HERE, HE IS NEAR". Happy Wednesday, friends.
#hisnearnessismygood #psalm139:10 #mindofChrist #motherhood #lovingmyactuallife
- mislockmumAmen! Grateful for your eyes to see and ears to hear 💗
- tish_ashleyThank you!
- cksumlerGood words to read this morning. Thank you!
- ashleeerlandsonI find that EVEN THERE He is often most present, it boils down to if I am willing to release my expectations and be near in the midst of the chaos and find Him...getting over myself, my plans etc
- wendieconnorsLove this so much! Needed the reminder today! 😘
- kimberb33Thanks for sharing about the whole picture and reality of your actual life and encouraging us all to love our actual life. You have blessed me!
- jenny_herndon_5I needed this right now. Thank you.
Log in to like or comment.