empoweredsustenanceTHE BODY IS NOT A WAR ZONE. //
Disease does not mean something went wrong with our body.
It means our body is drawing on protective measures to prolong our life, as best as it knows how.
It took me years to stop hating my body for developing disease. I realized my body's inner intelligence deserves my gratitude for keeping me alive through disease. When our body is bombarded with stress, environmental toxins, poor nutrition and negativity, it is forced to borrow health from our future to keep us alive.
When we provide our body with nourishment and balance, we furnish the materials it needs for immediate health so that the innate intelligence can invest in our long-term health.
I want to change the language we use around chronic disease. When we say we’re “fighting a disease” we illustrate a battlefield inside our body. We begin to understand our inner workings through a lens of “good vs. bad.”
The body is not a war zone.
Your body is always on your side. When we stop perceiving our body as an enemy, we can ask of its, “What are you telling me? What are you showing me?”
- empoweredsustenance#healingjourney #bodylove #autoimmune #aip #holistic #health #jerf #nutrientdense #mindfulness #mindfulliving #nutrition #foodismedicine #loveismedicine
- fiftyandfeistyPowerful message ~ thank you Lauren ~ oh and loving my Meo oils
- faithmtnwellness@empoweredsustenance Needed this!! Thanks so much for sharing❤️
- asilemteddyLove this 😊
- carrielewmanLove this so much. I'm not at war with my body 🙏
- kerrikuriThis is beautiful! You are not broken!
- ig.bonjourmimi@empoweredsustenance Thank you! I intuitively knew that I was not "fighting" t1d, otherwise why am I still here living with it and doing very well? it's not denial either because I have mastered the art of living with it. Oh thank you much for this! 👏😍
- juli__christineI needed this. Thank you
- lbeisSo true
- thankuhashimotosBeautifully said! Thank u 🙏🏻❤
- naomibehneLove this
- dreab111Beautiful! I needed this right now...thank you 😘
- melissachristie36So beautifully put!😘
- sumbodyskincareBeautiful 💕
Log in to like or comment.