aunt_peachesYALL. THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS. 🙌 "Hidden Figures" beyond incredible. Beyond. So utterly beautifully made. Moving. Intelligent. Suspenseful. Made me laugh and clap and cry. Also made me feel uncomfortable at times about stuff we need to be made uncomfortable about. And here is a thing: it makes math look sexy. And here is another thing: NOBODY KNOWS THIS STORY. Well, maybe not "nobody"... but clearly this story is not known well enough. I have had family working as NASA Langley all my life and never knew about these women until recently. Go see this movie! And better it's PG - take your kids! Especially if you have a girl! Double especially if you have boy! TAKE EVERYBODY AND GO SEE THIS MOVIE. Then come back here and talk with me about it because I'm all kinds of fired up! 🚀 If all three of these ladies don't win Oscars Imma need to set something on fire. Okay, that might not actually be possible to issue three female acting Oscars but if we can put a man on the moon WE CAN MAKE MORE OSCARS. #important #justsayin #hiddenfigures
- c.c.myers56Agree, Hollywood needs to make more inspiring movies like this!
- liftinteachI saw this yesterday, an I agree with you completely 💖
- alredmondIt's at the top of a long list of movies I need to see soon!!
- elizabethcraneswartzhonestly the best movie I've seen in years.
- karapaintsI took the kids last weekend! They loved it, I loved it. We talked about how everyone knows Albert Einstein but nobody knows Katherine G Johnson and how that is indicative of a larger problem.
- archerprenOohhh that looked like it was gonna be good.
- diannemessinaMy MIL worked for the National Bureau of Standards in the 60s. She created a computer program that allowed people to do the computations done by the women in the movie. It was an electronic spreadsheet that was able to do mathmatic computations. There are a lot of untold stories of federal workers.
- rose_eulaliaI am a NASA engineer and I was truly humbled by how much more difficult the women in this portrayal had it- I owe a huge debt of gratitude to so many women that came before me. At the same time, we still have a long way to go. Yes, the actresses should win awards out the wazoo, but what about publicly recognizing women of color that are making significant contributions to medicine, science, and technology today? I love the page "A Mighty Girl" for featuring dozens if not hundreds of current and historical women that have made astounding contributions to STEM fields. I urge anyone inspired by this movie to root for the actresses at the Oscars, but to also encourage a young woman to not give up because math is hard, get them erector sets or circuitry toys or books about science as well as pink makeup dolls, and educate yourself so that Marie Curie is not the only woman scientist you can name. Let me be clear- there is nothing wrong with pink makeup dolls, but if that is the only thing a young girl or woman is presented with, things like chemistry and programming will never be an equal option. /endrant
- aunt_peaches@diannemessina 👏👏👏👏 That's incredible!!
- aunt_peaches@rose_eulalia Amen to that and then some!! 🙌🙌
- alysseylouYes yes yes yes yes! NEW FAVORITE MOVIE! 🙌🏾❣️📂📓📽
Log in to like or comment.