allie_farrisHi my friends,
After waiting today in a very long line, I unfortunately didn't get picked to be on this season of #TheVoice.But I wanted to share this with you:
This was me, 11 years ago when I was 15. It was one of my very first shows, during my teacher's 10-minute set break at Brooklyn Jazz Cafe.
I've come a long way since this picture. I'm no stranger to disappointments, but I'll be honest, today's one hurts. Now it's time to get back up, and move on to the next thing.
Thank you for all of your love and support, you have inspired me towards better things. I'm excited for what's ahead, and eager to share it with you.
- paigetefertillerAw, I love you!
- bethjamesbandGirl don't worry! You're amazing!! I've been rejected by the voice at least 5 times if it makes you feel any better haha.
- thedailyclaireYou are amazing, sending so much love your way. Can't wait to see what you do next!
- taitikoesNever stop hoping, in life, anything can happen...🌼🌼🌼
- jbaizanYou are so talented. I know you will continue to grow and make a difference in people's lives with your art. 💪🏻
- justinfroeseAh no worries at all! What an experience right?! So much self-insight comes just in asking oneself to rise to that occasion. A year ago or so the producers invited me to audition and I did and they said no thanks. But the whole thing oddly enough got me more in touch with my Voice haha so I'm grateful | there are so many amazing things ahead for you Allie, you are SO talented. Press on!
- allie_farris@paigetefertiller I love you too, Paige!
- allie_farris@bethjamesband Beth, you're such a sweetheart. Thank you for sharing that with me..of course I don't like the thought of anyone going through that kind of disappointment, but I can tell it's made you stronger. ❤️
- allie_farris@thedailyclaire Claire, you rule. Thank you for your amazing support, and I'm excited to share what comes next with you!
- allie_farris@taitikoes you're very right. Thank you 💛
- allie_farris@jbaizan that's all I've ever wanted to do. Thank you so much.
- allie_farris@justinfroese thank you for sharing that, Justin. You're right, this experience has taught me an insane amount about myself in all areas. I really appreciate your support :)
- onmyharmonyhighI remember this girl! 😄 I'm seriously so proud of you for putting yourself out there. I've been wanting to do it for a few years now. After a coworker made it to the top 3 on American Idol, I chickened out thinking I wouldn't live up to him. The constant thought of "what if" went through my head. What if I didn't make it? What if I screwed up and embarrassed myself? What if my students didn't look up to me as much after the fact? Every year I sign up, and every year I chicken out. You did today what I could never do. You faced a crippling fear 99% of people face, and you over came it. I can put myself out on stage night after night and never think twice about it, but this is one thing I couldn't do. You're awesome. You're going to do big things!
Log in to like or comment.