andrearknits@amanoyarns Ayni in action. So luxurious!
- andrearknits#swatchaweek #swatchoftheweek #ayni #amanoyarns #yarn #swatchvideo #knittingvideo #swatch #yarnlove #knitdesign #knit #knittersofinstagram #knitstagram
- mountainkiddknitsDo you have a recommendation for Eco Puma as a sweater? (Like, "don't do it!")
- andrearknits@mountainkiddknits I haven't knit with that one yet (though I do have a skein I'm excited to try!) so I can't give advice on that specific yarn, but it is 100% alpaca, so the concern is that alpaca would grow lengthwise. To mitigate this, you can work at a tight gauge, use colorwork, or try a textured stitch pattern like cables or a knit/Purl combo. Avoid lace & any garment made with alpaca should definitely have seams for reinforcement. Oh, & hang your swatch with a little weight at the bottom (like a clothespin) to get an idea of how much it'll grow.
- zoiellaIt looks lovely and that colour is gorgeous!
- laraschmidtOh my god! I want.
- mountainkiddknits@andrearknits thanks! I will start with a swatch and scope textured patterns for sure!
- kurabikuru@andrearknits I really enjoy the swatch series! Especially reading about little details, your suggestions, and yarn-specific information has been so inspirational ❤
- faaaaaaaaaaaithOh heavenly!
- amanoyarns@andrearknits thank you for sharing this lovely post!
- andrearknits@kurabikuru so glad you like it! It's such fun exploration for me!
- andrearknits@mountainkiddknits I'd love to see what you come up with!
- mountainkiddknits@andrearknits thanks! I'll let you know. I WAS thinking Tellurian by The Sexy Knitter but am now thinking something with more texture! The swatch will tell :)
Log in to like or comment.