nassassinRIP Frances Nassif, beloved mother of 6, grandmother of 16 (including me), and sister/aunt/cousin/friend to hundreds, whose birthdays she always marked with a card well into her 80s. She grew up on a farm in Northwest Iowa but spent most of her life in the big city of Des Moines being a nurse, raising kids, caring for my ailing grandfather, hosting family and playing bridge like a champ. I'm thinking today about her strength and generosity and aspiring to be even a fraction as devoted to others as she was. 💙
- matttravailleSorry for your loss. Do you know where in NW Iowa? That's where I grew up.
- mnassif23We lost a beautiful woman.
- nassassinShe was from Everly @matttravaille
- matttravaille@nassassin I drove through Everly on my trips to/from Ames from my parents house. Probably 35 miles from where I grew up.
- nassassinNice ... just a postage stamp of a place @matttravaille
Log in to like or comment.