amandamariefittReal 'social media' talk coming up. 🚨 I've lost over 100 followers in the last 2 days because I decided to start posting pictures that didn't revolve around my abs or diet. 🤔 Another one of my New Year resolutions was to be more inclusive when it comes to my representation of myself on social media. That means all aspects of my life... even those parts that have nothing to do with macros and abs. If you follow me on Snapchat, you may have noticed that I've been talking about women's health issues quite frequently. On Facebook? Healthcare. 😊 My professional and academic work are both very important to me and a huge part of my life. These topics also play into every day health and how we live our lives. I'm all about a good ab selfie but I will not reduce myself to pretty pictures and mindless captions. I'm here to educate and promote health... all aspects. 👩🏽⚕️🍏🏋🏽♀️ If you're here for ab selfies exclusively, you're probably going to be disappointed. ✌🏽 I don't do this for the followers. Followers certainly expand the amount of people my message can reach but I'm not willing to 'sell out' to get there. 💜 2017 is going to be different. #empowerwomen •
Facebook: Amanda Marie MPH
- joyinfreedom8It's refreshing to me to see the more well-rounded version on IG. Thanks for sharing the parts of your life you do!
- eatingwith_shelbyI'm excited to see all aspects of your life!
- helen.cromptonI love your ig account and snap 😊your balanced and sensible approach is really refreshing! I'm from Scotland so found the Medicaid stuff really interesting too and made me appreciate our NHS. Keep doing what you're doing!x
- kenna_ledfordIn my opinion, it makes you more relatable, I appreciate that you discuss and show more about who you are as a person all around. People need to get over what they expect to see from accounts they follow, at the end of the day you're still a regular human being with a mind of your own. You control your account, not your followers.
- cmae_getsfitLove this, thanks lady 👍🏼
- reneedickI love all your posts! They are relatable and very informative keep on doin you and let everyone else go 👋🏼
- cayslaysYasss love it!! I follow you for all of it!! Thanks for being real!
- aswiftrnLove. Love. Love.
- jessicaxoemilyThe majority of us love and appreciate the various aspects of your life and knowledge! It makes you human 😄
- sarazwickerLove this and you! Stay true, keep educating and advocating!!! 💙💙
- meg.lifts.7I started following you BECAUSE you have more than just fitness pics!
- sweaty.lil.fitgirlAaaaand this is why I love you and admire you!!!! We need more people willing to be real and 💯 not just for popularity. Keep doing what you're doing🙌🏼🙌🏼
- jaclyn.hunterYou noticed that you lost 1% of your followers?! THAT'S more impressive than the ab pics.
- amandamariefitt@jaclync101 it's a business account, love. It shows all stats. ✌🏽
- jamieabstenTheir loss! Love your IG. Informative, empowering, realistic, succinct. 💕
- fitchickfree_wbffproBe whoever you want to be!! Proud of you for stepping out & posting what you want! The good ones stick around! ❤🙏🏻🤓😘
- halfempteKnow that this is also the reason some of us are following you.
- entermegI admire your journey in the healthy weight gain department!
- tahra_dactyl@amandamariefitt I started following you because you keep it real. I will continue to follow you because social media is a bubble of skewed beliefs and reality. Stay true to yourself and keep trying to educate. As an RN, I can tell you this girl speaks the truth 🙌🏻👏🏻
Log in to like or comment.