yorkshiregourmetCasserole of Swillington Farm (@swillingtonfarm) Organic Chicken in White Wine with Crushed Wild Garlic Bulbs, Horns of Plenty and Winter Chanterelles cooked over a wood fire amidst gale force winds and high spirits. Myself and fellow outdoorsman Paul Jewison (@this_green_moon) were joined by Lisa Cutcliffe (@edulis_wildfood) who brought some foraged spices from her wild larder which I used to season the chicken - a blend of Alexanders Seeds, Hogweed Seeds, Wild Carrot Seeds, Pepper Dulse Seaweed and Wild Mushroom Salt. Balancing out the flavours, the casserole was finished with a dash of cream, a good grinding of nutmeg, thyme and tarragon and served with boiled Georgina potatoes garnished with chopped Three-Cornered Leek (a brilliant wild leaf which has a subtle flavour similar to leek and spring onion).
- yorkshiregourmet#casserole #chickencasserole #chicken #organic #wildgarlic #threecorneredleek #hornsofplenty #winterchanterelles #swillingtonfarm #winter #foraged #foraging #campfirecooking #outdoorcooking #comfortfood #instafood #foodphotography #yorkshire #gourmet
- edulis_wildfoodWhoarrrr it was so tasty :) lovely hanging out with you guys, thank so much! And what a gorgeous way to enjoy my favourite fungi (possibly ever) the black trumpets!! Those particular ones were probably from just down the road in Bradford last autumn... love it
- maman_de_madamelucLooks fabulous !😍❤
- yorkshiregourmet@edulis_wildfood Thanks Lisa. I'm still enthusing about those Phoenician juniper berries. Nature never ceases to amaze. :)
- edulis_wildfoodOoh yeah they're something special... crystalline sweetness and juniper aromatics! Just fab
- yorkshiregourmet@edulis_wildfood Just a shame they're not native!
- edulis_wildfoodYeah indeed... I'll just have to go back to France and get more :)
- yorkshiregourmet@maman_de_madameluc Thanks Denise 👍
- yorkshiregourmet@edulis_wildfood That's a great reason. :)
- chaddap1such the education I get when I read how your prep your dishes...simply amazing 💪
- yorkshiregourmet@chaddap1 Good stuff. Thanks! 👍
- this_green_moonAmazing pouch of potions brought by @edulis_wildfood . Wow! A lovely and most rewarding experience. Thanks Paul & Lisa. x
- edulis_wildfoodWas great seeing you both :) @this_green_moon @yorkshiregourmet ideas abound!!
- yorkshiregourmet@this_green_moon Ha! Cheers matey. 👊
- thislifejourneyEllo! I like your posts.
- yorkshiregourmet@danypf Thanks 👍
Log in to like or comment.