hyperallergicPeople are dealing with the new realities of Trumplandia through memes because they help us laugh. Did someone say #goldenshowers?
These are unorthodox times, when the United States is consumed by discussion of fake news (a term people regularly misuse to refer to stories they don’t like or trust), finger-pointing (instead of self-reflection), condescension (for instance, someone pointing out that debt-ridden artists are still privileged, even if they themselves are too), and justification for inaction (don’t get me started). Artist #DavidColman’s, “Fountain” (2017), a response to the recent “golden shower” allegations against President-elect Trump (image courtesy the artist)
- pastelportrait@cleosilverado lmao. Duchamp! @clintrenner @cmaria856
- davidhenrynobodyjrThe best idea I've ever heard about Duchamp's urinal came from artist Peter Fend, he told me the Urinal was an analogy for trench warfare during WW1, one of the common ways to perish in trench warfare is to get infected by the piss and shit that is in your trench. It underscores the brutality and truthfulness of Duchamp's piece, it's not a "cartoon concept" but a totally savage and cryptic critique, (I do like what this artist has done, but just thought I would share some insight from the underground that you won't learn in art school)
- julesloves818Laughing is good.❤
- melissachimeraThe savage accuracy of this image is terrifying 🔨🔨🔨
- nicletWell, it's too bad for the Duchamp's Chef-d'Oeuvre, but it's a good place for a yellow fountain. It'll fit some head at the brand new Yellow House !
- sedasaarLove the gold fountain! Says a lot ! Where is it?
- nada.rizkIf only Marcel could see😃
- aurelia.labiata@moblowitz we'll walk + swim + surf in fields + pools + streets of gold + fight on golden sands in golden waves + surrender Dorothy
- mapletownOh hells yes. this is not a pipe or a presidency.
- pferrario8Much more like Jeff Koons' than Du Champ! Lol too!
- betchleys@artforum SOMEBODY GET @EZBYEZBYEZBY A FEATURE X
- ian_lockerbie_artHahaha Where is Marcel when you need him?
- carissa_m_miller@cleosilverado @pastelportrait Sad!
Log in to like or comment.