bsbookloveI'm currently writing a blog post on ways so spice up Socratic seminars. Do you do anything cool to get students talking!? ⚽️🤗 #SocraticSeminar #englishteacher #elateacher #iteachela #iteachenglish #iteachhighschool
- davidrickert7I just did a blog post on this too!
- bsbooklove@davidrickert7 I need to reread that and link to it!! ☺️
- disneylover57We hive a list of discussion questions a day in advance so they have review time
- torigorosave@laurenblou I love the idea of outer circle BINGO. I always use Inner and Outer circles and using this card will be a great way to mix it up.
- katelynrice13@aprilrain18 as long as it doesn't get thrown at someone's head lol
- aprilrain18@katelynrice13 good point!! 😂
- roomwitha_reviewGreat idea! Way to get students talking.
- brittany_cannI want to read that!! Please tag me when you post it! 🙏🏾😁😊
- shelleygbennettWow! Great ideas to mix it up! Thanks! I hold a halftime for the outer circle to coach the inner circle.
- 180_daysLove all these ideas!!! 😍 I sometimes add a tech element to it and have their research/notes on a shared document. The outer circle partner can "live feed" their inner circle partner good questions or comments. It's another way to keep both circles equally engaged! 🤓👍🏼
- disneylover57Use "they say, I say" sentence templates to express evidence or elaborate- I provide students with the templates from the book by Graff & Birkenstein
- bsbooklove@jessjordana I was looking back through these ideas and saw that I didn't answer you. Sorry about that! I use this with specific novels and think of the blanks on the fly. ☺️
- bsbooklove@cwallace2016 About 2 weeks tardy, but I have a blog post on this now! 😊 I have 25 questions for you. 😘
- bsbooklove@180_days I love this! I just finished up a blog post about this with some other techy ideas. I need to add this one in!
- bsbooklove@brittany_cann Post is finally up! 😘
- bsbooklove@katelynrice13 Thankfully this hasn't happened yet, but I feel like my typing it will jinx me 😅
- bsbooklove@mudandinkteaching I added your handle and idea to the post I just did 😘
- cwallace2016@bsbooklove Thank you!
- mudandinkteaching@bsbooklove Girl I saw that! I totally subscribe to your newsletter 😘💜. Thank you so much for the shout out!! We should talk more about collaboration - we are totally on the same wavelength!!!
- bsbooklove@mudandinkteaching Yes!! 😘😘
Log in to like or comment.