astropadappIntroducing Astropad Studio ✨Over the past two years, we’ve learned a ton about what pro artists are looking for in a graphics tablet. We’ve taken that feedback and built Astropad Studio to go beyond a traditional graphics tablet. See our link in bio for more info.
- tinted.windowWoah!! So cool!!!
- jonathanober@tidus_lightning isn't the price just yearly not monthly?
- astropadapp@jonathanober You can choose $7.99/month or $64.99/year
- digitalightingPersonally I think you have to give free 6 month or 1 year for the person who have by the app before
- nickfrankenfotoIt works sooooo good. Congrats. You can keep the 30 bucks I paid for the standard version. You earned it. Keep up the good work!!!!!
- morgan_cornWhat happened to windows capability?
- juanperezx1Shame on you @astropadapp to no give us a complete pro app
- barrettcolvinSo excited to try! 👏
- dmtr_Excited to try yet disappointed to see so many requested features being kept under a subscription (extremely high) fee. I feel a little silly since I was so enthusiastic about every AstroPad update and even wrote a couple of e-mails with suggestions and kudos for the team - you've gone a long way and made surprisingly awesome progress on Astropad. But that's a tough pill to swallow. It's important to pay for R&D, it's important to pay for your amazing job. I wouldn't refuse to pay. I get it. Version 2 was a free update and could have been a paid one. But $65 a year (or $8 a month) is at least double the price this should have been. Duet made an update that works almost like Astropad. It's quite good and it's $20/year. I though it was expensive but maybe worth the trial. I'm not sure about Astropad. I've recommended you to people all around, deeply in love on how smoothly it worked. I'm glad it's even better and addressing a number of issues we looked over in reason of understanding of new tech being developed. Now I feel I've spent some high bucks on a glamorous beta testing. I feel silly.
- rafafarraMe siento engañado con el standard. Ahora lo dejareis de lado y os centrareis en el studio!!! Y somos muchos los que apostamos por vosotros al principio😢😢pese a no ir bien del todo.... no creo que sea el paso correcto con vuestros primeros clientes... utilizaremos las aplicaciones de Adobe y os quedáis con vuestro súper studio. Byebye😬😬☹️☹️😞😞
- experimentastudioAlready trying and loving it 👍🎉
- ryanjbrisiniI've used and loved Astropad for a while now, and I've got to say that I'm (although maybe unjustly) disappointed at yet another subscription cost to try to stay in the digital art game. With Adobe going to CC, and now with [the new, improved, and obviously desired] Astropad being a subscription service, the average Joe is looking at almost $700 a year in costs just to have the ability to create. Digital art is something that many people are fortunate enough to sustain themselves with, but we all aren't in that boat. But here we are, knowing that even though we coughed up the initial cost for the software, those with a better financial situation are enjoying 5x Liquid, the shortcuts we have been asking for as users, and other perks while we now have the diet version. Original Astropad was once touted as turning your iPad into a "professional graphics tablet", but now as I look at your site, the version so many of us use has been relegated to "the ability to draw on your iPad" while the Studio solely boasts the word "professional". I'm just one guy, trying to make his way from the bottom, and frankly, seeing more costs from a product I believed in just bums me out. Progress costs money, but I just wish it didn't look like this. I doubt I'll upgrade, and maybe need to find myself a used Cintiq.
- murmur_designsA huge fan of the current version and have been waiting for some of the features of the studio version(latency reduction; keystrokes or gestures) At around $6/mo the annual sub seems reasonable, depending on how often I'd use it. If I can, I might suggest a longer trial period: with 7 days, I'm actually holding out until I can start a new project to try it out rather than jumping in right now. That said, I'm sorry you guys are having to get a whole lot of sour grapes from everyone who expects the best for free; it's worth remembering the alternative is a $1,000+ piece of hardware well out of my range.
- xalligraphyNot a smart move @astropadapp! Time to let go and move on to Cintiq! I've been using astropad for a year and always love every new features but these update subscription is just killed my passion to continue using it. Good luck Astropad!
- thedailycalligraphyGood bye Astropad! Our team decided not to continue using it :)
- ryanjbrisini@murmur_designs At least that piece of hardware won't send you an email letting you know that it is all of a sudden obsolete, but you're welcome to subscribe to its younger, more capable, expensive brother. A legitimate point, but based on screen real estate vs. longevity (many artists have used their Cintiqs happily for years on end), it almost seems worth it. I think a lot of us are just left with a bad taste in our mouths from this move.
- murmur_designs@ryanjbrisini how exactly is the astropad app (or standard) *any* different today from what it was yesterday? If you'd never read that email, how much - honestly - would your workflow have changed. Indeed, how much would anything have changed. The one perhaps legitimate fear is whether the feature req's we all have would or will now make their way to he standard app. For now, I'm happy. I've worked with many cintiq displays over the years and love them to bits, but they always remained in the studio. The newer, smaller ones feel like a WinPad to me though. I prefer one off payments of course, but I understand this is often the way companies can ensure the longevity to continue to develop And improve, rather than disappear.
- ryanjbrisini@murmur_designs You're definitely not wrong. It's not any different and my workflow would most likely change very little with the exception of a few shortcuts. Like I said in my first post, my little huff may be a bit unjustified. I guess I just wish that some of us who have used and supported Astropad from its inception would have some kind of golden ticket that allows me to keep up with the competition who has a little fatter wallet, not that software or supplies have ever made the artist. Something like the 5x liquid doesn't seem to me like something that is continuously a cost to the developers, so I just don't like that I don't get to enjoy it without upgrading to subscription. It is what it is. ✌🏻
- murmur_designs@ryanjbrisini 👊🏻
- skr_imagingAs stated by the @astropadapp team, the current, Standard, version of Astropad is not dead.. it will be updated alongside the Studio version... I am assuming that the flashiest and new features will be given to the Studio crowd and after a while some of those technologies might trickle down to the "standard" app owners (hopefully).
Log in to like or comment.