proteinpowLet's talk about washing dishes. Most people don't discuss it much but if you cook massive volumes of food (for meal-prep, recipe development, cookbook writing) and don't have a dish-washer, washing dishes takes time and It can be pretty... tedious 😴😴😴😴. It's probably the least enjoyable part of cooking and recipe development, for me at least! 🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴 But it's a job that HAS to be done - and quickly ⚡️ This has made me think about ways people deal with dishes 🤔
How do you do it???? Keep it fun, I mean? Or do you not bother and prefer to just get on with the job? .
I normally do either one or two things: I put a show on my laptop, or I put music on and siiiiiiing like a buffoon 🤘😀. A friend of mine LOVES to listen to audiobooks or podcasts and another friend of mine is always talking about how he mediates while doing dishes 🙂 What's your approach???
- kim_osborne89Singing to cheese at the top of my voice- tonight it was to Steps!
- the_beltsanderThe cookbook grind.... I either stick my 4 month old in her bouncy chair and have in depth conversations with her while I do it or roll up a tea towel, prop my iPhone up on it and catch up on some YouTube
- dannyblessMixture of podcasts, Spotify and dance whilst washing up or stick a YouTube video on my phone on the side 😀
- blakecurtiswThis funny! Usually I rush to get the job done but today I was the girl in this picture! I stuck on a Ted Talks and did some learning too!! Xx
- myjourneyweightlossI have a sink full of water and clean as I go it's too much leaving it til the end.
- tomc27I'm so thankful having a dishwasher! Couldn't cope without one now
- mara.thefitlondonerStack them up for someone else to do 😂
- sugar_free_jamtartletLeave it a week, or after one day of food prepping, then I can listen to practically a whole audiobook while I do them. Or hope someone pops round and offers 😏 @eileen_t_m
- jab_torontoI listen to a daily podcast while doing the dishes
- cmarchese93Well currently my girlfriend and I have been doing our dishes in our bathtub waiting on our home warranty to fall into place to fix the leak embedded in the concrete of our newly bought 1950 Florid Bungalow. I transfer a stack of dishes, put my laptop on our toilet with some pop-punk music playing, sit on my basketball and get to work.
- w_hicianoI literally do it just like the girl in the picture! Every single night. I am the type of person that can't leave the dishes for tomorrow or even later. So that is the perfect time for me to caught up on any tv show I am watching.
- m24tootsI listen to podcasts so the time when cleaning and doing dishes!
- lottieliftsHonestly my wireless headphones have been a godsend whilst mass-recipe-testing and washing up 😂 @harryranson just loves washing up tho so mostly he does it... 👀👀👀
- laurenwellandMines to watch a tv series on my laptop but I swear I wash up slower when I'm watching stuff 😂
- ellisifkatrineHahaha brilliant. The trick is washing up whilst cooking... only default is that.. that multitasking has a tendency to burn my food.... #workingprogress
- sweetpatooty28Definitely put music on and sing, and chat with the dog too lol
- gracefruitI bought a mini-dishwasher on Amazon ^o^ @proteinpow
- urbanfoodreviewLove your gallery!!
- qaqmmmm🍀 🍟!
Log in to like or comment.