js.hnI took this photo a couple years ago. Houses, like this one, were popular in Sea Breeze. As recently as the 80's, there was still lively entertainment here. Over the years, this town has seen its fair share of tragedy. Ravaged by fires and hurricanes, it's lost it's hotels, its double decker bowling alley, taverns, and in the 90's the DEP came in and bought the land, forcing out the majority of its devoted residents.
My dad fondly talks about my grandparents coming here to have dinner and how it was quite the occasion.
I'm all for a beautiful shot, but for me, the real beauty is the personal stories and history of a town.
- js.hn#southjerseyadventures #coastaljerseyadventures #jshn
- seebriteBeen loving your coverage of a piece of Jersey I've never seen. I should plan a trip.
- southjerseyadventurer@seebrite Thank you! It's such a interesting & unique area!
- mistletoelbiLove your posts...the forgotten shore
- 123meganoliveiraLove this quirky coverage. Please keep going!
- southjerseyadventurer@mistletoelbi @123meganoliveira Thank you so much! I'm happy there's been so much interest & appreciation!
- sharkeydebraWell said..
- grandmama__Will visit next spring
- amanda_noelleeLove all the pictures and stories!! @southjerseyadventurer
- sandi1226Must visit!
Log in to like or comment.