unitedToday we’re sharing an update on the retirement of our Queen of the Skies. As deeply connected as we all are to this iconic aircraft, the time has come to retire our 747 fleet from scheduled service. Last March, we announced that this would occur by the end of 2018; now we plan to operate our last 747 flight in the fourth quarter of this year. Read more at unitedhub.com. 📷 by: @diecastryan
- _dannyv40@united with the retirement of the 747, will there ever be another two story plane? An Airbus A380?
- united@_dannyv40 Hey Danny, we currently don't have anything published yet, but if so, we would announce it here. ^VM
- honoluluaviator@united no matter how depressed we are to see the Queen go, you guys will always be the best airline.
- jacksonxkaimannNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @chillwill176
- jacksonxkaimannUnited you will still be the best airline if la compagnie doesn't exist
- aviationdj@united can we take seats and other things rom the retired 747-400s?
- pestochampionEnjoyable content! Thank you
- chillwill176Im crying rn the 747 is such a great aircraft
- starkxrus@united I'm sure when the 747 goes the Dreamliner will probably be your most popular plane
- camping.loveKeep on the good work!
- united@chillwill176 Don't be sad it's ending. Be happy we had the Queen with us for so long. ^SV
- connectallianceWill it be sent to a boneyard or are you leasing it to a another airline?
- connectalliance@dannyvadon probably not, they just got the 777-300ER's and they don't have a route long enough that requires a A380.
- united@connectalliance We have a combination of owned and leased 747-400s. The leased aircraft will be returned. Once the United-owned aircraft are retired from service, the aircraft will be placed into storage, where they will either be sold or parted out. ^SV
- bumazhniy_samoletik@united 😞😞 very very disappointed 😔 my favorite aircraft 😞
- bumazhniy_samoletikLovely jumbo💖
- provincialaviation@united what aircraft will replace it?
- dc.spotter75Please don't 😭😭😭😥😥😓😓😓
Log in to like or comment.