sara_ourbestbitesGuys- guess what I just did?? After 26 days, sent by kids BACK TO SCHOOL 🎉 #Boise is still a horrible, slushy, ice-covered disaster zone, but halla-flipping-lujah school is back in session! I'm going to try to get my life back now, starting with a dinner plan – and these Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps are a big contender. I'm thinking I might try this one in the pressure cooker instead of the slow cooker – I'll let you know how it goes. Recipe link is in profile! .
#food #yum #instafood #instayum #eat #recipe #cook #eeeeets #forkyeah #huffposttaste #buzzfeast #todayfood #bhgfood #homemade #nomnom #delicious #getinmybelly #forkfeed #foodpic #foodie #gawker #beautifulcuisines #foodandwine #foodblogfeed #ourbestbites #feedfeed
- lizaluvstyNo school here! 😫 hopefully tomorrow 🤞🏼
- meridianmari@sara_ourbestbites ..but you made it. #poorlittleGavin
- carymwoodI would love this adapted for the instant pot!
- jmknutsYes to the pressure cooker! I'm dying for more InstantPot recipes!
- missbrynny@sara_ourbestbites maybe both? I LOVE my electric pressure cooker, but sometimes I wonder what the difference is flavor wise. I get the obvious differences, but what would make you choose one over the other with a recipe in terms of how the finished product turns out
- lynsmillsWow! Middleton still hasn't gone back to school. It's a mess outside
- jenwel8626 days?!?! #youneedamedal 🏅🏆
- emsiplCongratulations! 🎉
- brendapicanco78Fellow Boise resident here...my kids were thrilled to be going back to school today!
- megdinsdale26 days. Oh man. And how far does this push them into summer break to make up the days? Should I not have asked that? Too soon?
- cardurrant@amyd1222 No, but I need to! You?
- amandahoney1@sara_ourbestbites yes. Seriously such a mess. Can't even handle it!!!! Haha
- clairejharperFeeling so sorry for all the school moms here, especially since all this stuff is going to freeze tonight!! Hurry up and relax before they're home again! 😩
- sallyhpAnd we. Got. Cancelled. 😝😂 but we found out the night before so it was fun instead of 5am ugh
- luckyeggs7This weekend? @keggett
- emilyheinholdThat's a little like the pain of year-round school! My younger kids go off next week for a whole month, but my middle schooler is on traditional schedule, so it's not like I even get to sleep in! 😩
- ellie.819Our kids were out for 24 days, but it was scheduled that way and that makes a huge difference.
- emandshaun05When you cook meat in the insta pot, do you add water? I don't and it's always turned out but someone told me I should. Just wondering how you do it?
- sara_ourbestbites@emandshaun05 well you have to have liquid in the pot in order to create steam to create pressure. It won't function without it. So yes, you absolutely must have liquid. If you're not adding any liquid at all then you've just lucked out and the meats juices must have been enough to melt off, come to a simmer, and create enough steam to pressure cook. But to answer your question – yes, you should always add a little liquid. Depending on what's in the pot – I've gotten away with that little as 1/2 cup.
- emandshaun05Ok thank you! We always just watched you tube videos for instructions on making different things and the first one I watched they didn't add water, so I never did either. It did work out but will def add water from now on. Still new to insta pot so learning each time I use it. Keep the recipes coming!! Thanks
Log in to like or comment.