thoughtcatalogWhat I’m beginning to learn and sometimes struggle to accept is you can’t love someone enough to make them commit.
One day is a nice idea.
But one day doesn’t change waking up in a bed too big for one. One day is a false reality. One day is that game of make-believe we played when we were little.
One day doesn’t give me the physical and emotional connection I need in another person. One day doesn’t give me your unwavering support. One day doesn’t give me someone to come home to and arms to hold me when I’ve had a rough afternoon. One day doesn’t give me a future. Because with “one day” — there is no us.
All one day is, is a lie. A lie I wish I could believe from the bottom of my heart.
But I know I can’t. I can’t keep waiting for one day to be today. I can’t keep hoping you’ll wake up and realize, I’ve always been the one. I can’t keep hoping you’ll just show up at my door and tell me what I’ve been waiting to hear all this time.
What I can do though is stop waiting.
Because I know one day I’ll get what I deserve. One day I’ll love again and maybe then it’ll be the right way. Maybe one day all I had to give you will be reciprocated. Maybe I’ll learn love is something more than fiction and false promises. And one day I’ll look at someone who can give me everything I wanted you to. And that ‘one day’ we used to talk about will become someone else’s reality.
- clairehartphoto@thoughtcatalog @bellatanasi 💕💕💗😘
- hollyyrioLove these words!!
- c_belds@briannsenato bruh, one day daw. Haha.
- colapenosoPor yu @chaiilattea
- cas_vilooooooovvvvvvvve! 💓💓💓💓💓
- chaiilattea@colapenoso i know ❤
- sandyylee@_nikerito @jackieechai
- fabianresaWaaaaaaaa lovely😍😍😍😍
- unspokendefinitesThank you for this, @kirstencorleywriter.
- nikkilieserCurrent status
- apoorvaas98@lisa_jain97 Dude read the caption
Log in to like or comment.