lajollamomIn the spirit of trying new things in 2017, I've set out to tackle one-day San Diego itineraries that a tourist might plan. The reason is because though I have the leisure of visiting San Diego attractions at my own pace, I help people put together itineraries on occasion and need to see what really is doable by hitting the pavement. This goal also gets me exercising in the outdoors, which is something I’d like to try to do more of this year to stay fit.
My daughter and I did Balboa Park's museums and the San Diego Zoo in one day. It's a lot of walking, and a realistic option for tweens and teens a well as kids in strollers. Then, I spent a day touring the USS Midway, lunch/walk on the Embarcadero, Seaport Village and other sightseeing downtown. I stopped to try out one of our new city bike share DECOBIKES even, which was great because my feet were getting tired and I wanted to maximize use of this amazing zoom lens I rented.
To power-sightsee in beautiful San Diego, you need good walking shoes, to pre-think your itinerary, a bottle of water and on-the-go snacks like @goodnessknows, whom I am an ambassador for throughout 2017. It's fun to be a tourist in your own town and I'd encourage you to try it!
GIVEAWAY: Now it’s your turn! Tell me what you'd like to try to do to better yourself in 2017. Leave your "try" in a comment below to win awesome swag and goodnessknows to try for yourself! Giveaway begins now and ends January 31, 2017 at midnight EST. Winners will be selected at random and contacted via Instagram direct message. Must be 18+ and live in the U.S. Good luck! This giveaway is not in any way affiliated with Instagram. #tryalittlegoodness #goodnessknows #ad
- outsidesuburbiaLove the one day itinerary.. I want to try to be organized this year 🙈
- travelmindsetGood excuse to get outdoors
- lifewellwanderedI want to try to travel more this year!
- foodiefamilytravelWould love to "try" to take better photos this yr 😄
- maysa323I have been living in SD for almost 4 years and this year I want to TRY to see all the beautiful sights and do a lot more hiking!
- photosnap1234Just returned from a week in La Jolla! We did two road trips- Legoland; Hollywood/Venice Beach/Santa Monica Pier. Then we did a day of shell collecting/Coronado/Downtown. Another day was the Zoo. Two rainy days walking La Jolla Village and the aquarium etc.
- vegasbillA great way to spend the day at the water.
- jannarizzyId love to try and work on my blog more this yr and also to travel more
- willfulandwildheartedI always drink about 1L of water, but now I'm trying to get BACK into shape so I've been working out every day and eating clean!
- rudkoffAs a San Diegan, I'm inspired to try to spend a little more time exploring this beautiful city I live in!
- sparkedmediaGreat post! :)
- travelthreesixfive@christopher_lourdes 🙌🏼
- traveltomtomThat looks like a chill spot
- marissa.anwarlove this!
- the_flyaway_girlThat sounds awesome
- donnydoquisa😳 👏
- nati_ksnSame for me with Beijing and nanjing :D
Log in to like or comment.