alexmustard1In September 2004 Hurricane Ivan struck the Cayman Islands, up rooting many corals, particular the beaching elkhorn coral that grows exposed on top of the reef. The photo top left shows a colony washed into the middle of a street that photographed while the storm was subsiding. The other two photos show the recovery, all this growth has happened in the last 12 years. I should add that this is one of the fastest growing coral species, others are much slower. #caymanislands #coral #coralreef #subal_underwater_housing #nikond5 #nikond4 #underwaterphotography #uwphotography #marinelife
- v_sunst4rThats wonderful 💙
- kpecksIt wasn't 2014. It was 2004.
- kpecksGreat before and after photos btw!
- alexmustard1@kpecks thanks - typo on the phones small keypad!
- alexmustard1@alexmustard1 I'll try and edit it
Log in to like or comment.