designspongeLast night was a galvanizing moment for me. While President Obama gave his farewell address @turshen and I joined local friends at a march and town hall meeting to support our local mayor in hid support of immigrants and refugees. As we marched and chanted I felt uneasy at first, then I grew more confident and realized the power of showing up and just being there to take a stand. We listened to hours of discussion and some that made my blood boil, but I kept remembering that we all live here together and that we have to work together to move forward and ensure everyone gets love, respect, safety and a voice. It's inspired a new wing of my work I'm only in the infancy stages of, but one that means so much to me- giving back and finding a way to connect design to the greater good. Thanks to @jakkaiser for sharing this motivating reminder and some kind words about #inthecompanyofwomen to get the day started on the same note ❤
- anna_meierSaw this and thought of you :) @allisonasteele
- allisonasteeleLove this @anna_meier!!
- emadd01@leahloustyle @ckelso #inthecompanyofwomen
- pattykinskinsLove u @smashlysue
- santrevi"Yes we can" and "we did". Moving forward after the President's class act, We Will.
- bminimalWritten about your kind @mikepiola
- helleluv@designsponge Very much enjoying your book which my daughter gave me for my birthday. Keep up the inspiring work! #makeinclusivitycoolagain #inthecompanyofwomen
- nina.peralaWhere'd y'all get the letter board?
- sarah_beth_grayWorking on the empathy for all component myself and struggling but trying. Trying to remember that everyone is human, worthy of consideration and that hearts don't change when met with contempt. They simply don't. Mine wouldn't.
- sarah_beth_gray@northwestvernacular Exactly this!
- dobryaThank you for sharing and leading by example. I've been intimidated to get involved, worried about getting in over my head, but a group like yours sounds like what I need! I'll be looking for one here in SF. ✊️
- northwestvernacular@sarah_beth_gray "hearts don't change when met with contempt" 🙌❤YES.
- taracarbonaralovely words @designsponge
- beulabelleIt seems so plain. To express through making somehow demands that empathy to human feeling and condition and flaw and beauty....clearly he just said it better😍😍😍
- theviragomagLove love love this book ♡♡
- typographyinspirationI got this book for Christmas!
- thealiciabelleThis is one of my new favorites! I love this book.
- in3interieurThat quote seems irrelevant in comparison to Van Gogh's paintings and Designsponge's work.
- emilycsorensen@jeaniedriggs I don't think I've thanked you for getting me this book! You're the best😘
- sublimegiftsandfindsGreat read!
Log in to like or comment.