jowhittonStep 1 to a healthier way of eating: Think about breakfast in a different way.
Who says breakfast has to be cereal, toast and fruit juice? Hello sugar rush and mid-morning slump! 😬 Transitioning to a nutrient-dense whole food breakfast will make a big difference to your energy levels, satiety (you won't feel the need to snack as often), your clarity of thought (bye bye brain fog!), and your moods!
It doesn't have to be difficult and time consuming to have a cooked breakfast. This one is made from mostly leftovers from last night's dinner! I always make plenty of roast veggies so there's extra for the next day - they can easily be added to an omelette or scrambled eggs, or made into a simple soup! Today I added the broth from last night's lemon chicken, some fresh broccoli (it doesn't take long to cut up a head of broccoli!), and the leftover chicken, removed from the bones. The kids served their chicken and veggies over rice (which cooked in the Thermomix this morning while I was doing other things), and I had mine like a soup with plenty of broth.
Still hungry? Make sure your breakfast includes plenty of good fats - you'll feel full for longer and your brain will thank you! Have some avocado and sauerkraut on the side. Have a butter coffee, or a smoothie with added collagen and good fats like coconut oil. And if you are in the habit of snacking mid-morning, try having a herbal tea and a handful of nuts or some carrot sticks and dip instead of sweet treats.
I'm amazed at how much better my morning goes when I eat a good breakfast!!
#breakfast #nutrientdense #wholefood #realfood #gaps #paleo #transitioning #glutenfree #eggfree #dairyfree #leftovers #lovefoodhatewaste #energy #snacking #healthyeating #guthealth #chicken #veggies #broth #quirkycooking #lifechangingfood #family #food
- elle_onyxseriously so good 😍
- shesanatural7Looks delicious! Changing the way we do breakfast is life changing! @nicolenicholson_herb_nutrition just what we were talking about the other day!!
- ihanahennaHi Jo! Can we still pre-order Life Changing Food? I can't seem to order on your Quirky Cooking website, the link takes me to an empty cart. It might just be my phone! But I just wanted to check if it's still up for pre order? Thanks 😊
- jowhitton@ihanahenna Hmm it should still work, I'll check!!
- jowhitton@ihanahenna It's working for me on my laptop - maybe try laptop or computer?
- maso_chickLooks amazing...other countries have soup in the morning...I say have whatever you want for brekky as long as its healthy
- ihanahennaThankyou! I'll try my computer later 😊
- michellahunterSilly question @jowhitton .. what is butter coffee?!
- jowhitton@michellahunter 1 small cup of espresso + 1-2 Tbsp unsalted butter + 1 tsp MCT oil + 1 Tbsp collagen powder, blended up in Thermomix - I cook it 2 mins/70C/speed 4 to heat, then blend 20 sec/speed 8. 😊
- michellahunter@jowhitton thank you! Can't wait to come cook with you at your place one day! 😂👌🏼😘
- runningalongwithlifeI love how you have described your approach to breakfast, Jo. You have inspired me to try this out!!
- jowhitton@runningalongwithlife Yay!!!
- jowhitton@michellahunter 😜😜
Log in to like or comment.