js.hnPart of Greenwich's history is wrapped up in the Underground Railroad. In fact, Harriet Tubman would stop here to hide fleeing slaves under the alter, where you can still find the trap door she used that lead to a secret room.
Tubman made over nineteen trips from South Jersey to the south after she was inspired by others' trips while working at a restaurant in Cape May.
- js.hn#southjerseyadventures #coastaljerseyadventures #jshn
- seeheatherrun14@stevepan8 i love this stuff
- katcapThey just made Harriet Tubman's home and property in Auburn, NY a National Park today.
- southjerseyadventurer@katcap Then this post is PERFECT! How awesome! Thanks for the info!
- artistgMy favorite place in Cumberland County 👍🏻
- southjerseyadventurer@artistg It's such a cool town!
- katcap@southjerseyadventurer you're welcome. Great pic. If you ever have a chance to go there, it's a nice trip. Took my kids 10 years ago and Niagara Falls is only an hour away.
- southjerseyadventurer@katcap We're planning Niagra this year, so that's definitely going on the agenda! I've been dying to visit because I have pictures of my great uncle tightroping the falls in the early 1900's!
- katcap@southjerseyadventurer awesome!!!!
- emreevesThank you for sharing the history of this church.
- stevepan8@seeheatherrun14 agreed, very cool
- mistletoelbiLove your postings on Cumberland County!
- shellseeker809Cool!!! 👍 great posts!
- khylan59Beautiful church
- 123meganoliveiraKeep up the Weird and Wonderful finds of NJ. Nice work
- firstname.lastname@example.org what restaurant did she work at??? I lived in Cape May for several months and never knew she lived there.
- southjerseyadventurer@bluegillz She is believed to have worked at Congress Hall.
Log in to like or comment.