themarleematlinHappy 30th Sobriety birthday to me! Short story here... ( you can read much more about my life from my book, "I'll Scream Later"). When I walked into Betty Ford Center 30 years ago, I met an older woman who welcomed me there that very first night...she asked me how long I had in my sobriety. I told her 12 days...she said she had 20 years. THAT was when I told myself I was going to do the same if she could do it. So here I am, 30 years later...I dedicate this celebration to the lady who inspired me to stay sober. I am so grateful to have what I want in life....to be able to see and think clearly and to be able to wake up everyday alive. Enough said here. One day at a time, baby. Thank you to those who have had my back and still do. You know who you are. SS, you are the best. #bettyfordcenter #eisenhower #palmsprings #21yearsold #life #sobriety Thank you my husband for the yearly chips! Love you! 💜#thankgoodnessforfacetune
- debstone27Congratulations! Yes, I have read the book. Recommend the book.
- k8lynsmomiscoolCongratulations- my husband will, by Gods grace, have 20yrs next month!
- cindafookinrellaI have 5 years and 3 months amen sister one day at a time sometimes one minute 🤘
- hardnose169Congrats Miss Matlin I also have 30 years clean and sober. It looks good on you
- jesshelen_I'm so happy for you ❤
- npbarbSo proud of you my friend. You are truly an inspiration for those 30 years but also for the person that you are. I love you and feel so fortunate to have you as a life long friend. 💋
- marlyn118comcast.net_I've been in La for over 5 years I've been in and out now I'm coming up on two years and I'm really psyched it's nice to see somebody that so talented that's just like me thanks Marlee
- marlyn118comcast.net_I've been in Alcoholics Anonymous for over 5 years
- redheaded7Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Sooooo proud of you my angel xox
- phip51I always love seeing someone celebrating sobriety, and hearing at least a part of their "story". Yesterday, I celebrated 15 years of sobriety, and today I celebrated 37 years of marriage. And I don't think I could have done one without the other!
- goodsonjamesKickass! Such an inspiration.
- sblcristHappy birthday! You are such an inspirational person. One day at a time!
- maheendabeanWow that's so interesting how Regina in switched at birth had this problem in the show, and an actual cast member from the show lives with it. I'm really happy for you, shows dedication can take you anywhere. I love your acting and you as a person a lot💚
- mmmyum_21Such an inspiration! 3 years for me!
- steph3974Congrats!!! My husband celebrated 25 years on January 22nd! Such an amazing accomplishment!! So super proud of you and him too :))
- nick_mccoreyThat wonderful
Log in to like or comment.