megan_minnsOne of the things I'd like to do this year is read more often. 📚 I don't want to read just for reading sake and I still want to set a book down and stop reading if it isn't connecting with me. But I love the idea of reading a book each month!
In order to make time for this, I'm going to buy the books on Kindle (as much as I love paper books, digital is just so much easier!) and carve out time in the afternoon for reading. Dedicated, no guilt, purposeful time to learn, read, and grow as a business owner and as a person.
Do you read regularly? How do you make time for it your schedule?
- megan_minns@akschwarzy woohoo! Book club?? 😘
- megan_minns@katherinedforbes yes, I find that too! Plus once I'm in bed I just seem to fall asleep instantly these days! I feel like that's why I need to build it into my work day somehow.
- megan_minns@brandingwithbre ooh yes such a good point! I feel like lately I don't reach for anything at bedtime - I just fall asleep 😂 so I don't really want to add reading into the mix at night and start staying up later.
- megan_minns@xosarahmorgan oooh I'll have to check those out!! Congrats on 10k twitter followers by the way!! 🎉
- megan_minns@sofreshandsochic ooh yes such a good point. I do LOVE paper books... the texture makes such a difference!
- megan_minns@heather_crabtree 2-3 a month?! Tell me your secrets!! I looooove reading and can read quickly but can't seem to make time for it regularly.
- megan_minns@hayden1smith hahaha I totally get that! I love reading so much but I just don't make enough time for it!
- megan_minns@theshopfiles Love that idea!! Maybe I should do that!
- megan_minns@addiganley once I find a book that I'm into, I'm the same way! I do nothing else 😂😂
- megan_minns@budgetbohemian ooh I love historical books. I'll have to check that out!
- megan_minns@drkristinenewman love that idea! Do you read paper books at night or on a tablet?
- megan_minns@jennifergrayeb You are such an inspiration!! 💕
- jennifergrayeb@megan_minns aw thanks! And I was clearly holding a baby when I wrote that comment because "by say" should be "'my day" 😂
- sjschiebI love reading a chapter right when I get up! Helps me get out of bed 😊
- megbiramYou should join my digital book club! I read actual and kindle books. Sometimes I like the actual book to highlight in and I have this weird thing about "building a library" of special books.
- lashantagreenI do a lot of listening, but one of my resolutions is to start old school reading in the morning and at night to rev me up in the a.m. and slow me down at night.
- visibilityvixenThat's a great idea! I like to make myself go to the coffee shop with an educational book + a book for fun every day 💋
- kendracastillodesignsOh man I can totally relate! That is one of my goals this year to try and finish a book a month. I have a kindle and I use the app on my phone and it has helped so much :)
- drkristinenewman@megan_minns one of my goals this year is to cut down on waste so I either use the library or my kindle (no backlight)
Log in to like or comment.