ladyandpupsMenchi katsu sando, meaning fried minced pork sandwich, is a paradox. Painfully plain, yet so addictive, a balance of taste that is satisfying yet hard to explain. Most of the recipes online is, in my opinion, lacking if not insulting, because they fail to respect the complexity of this tangy sauce that the Japanese douse upon an extensive number of dishes (okonomiyaki or takoyaki for example). Today, I bring you my version, one that is enhanced with blended potted prunes, for that extra depth of acidity and sweetness beyond just vinegar and sugar. Try it, and you'll understand why we ate this thing 10 times standing outside of convenience stores in Japan. Get the recipe #ontheblog now. #feedfeed #f52grams #lifeandthyme
- patisseriemakesperfectI had an omelette years ago that was called Okonomiyaki and it tasted so good, with the most delicious sauce. I didn't and still don't really know a lot about Japanese cuisine, but I am desperate to visit Japan. I'm going to have to try this recipe as I've never had it again. I always thought the omelette was called that, not the sauce. Now I know. Thank you!
- patisseriemakesperfectI have a feeling I've misread your comment. You mean the sauce is served with okonomiyaki don't you?
- jeffdanoffLink to recipe?
- sharansingh31@aneeshb make please
- thefigandtheknifeThat's a beautiful photo. Very unique take on a sandwich. Thanks for sharing.
- ladyandpups@patisseriemakesperfect the omelette is called okonomiyaki, not the sauce (which is often called okonomiyaki sauce)
- patisseriemakesperfect@ladyandpups thank you! It's so simple when you think about it! 😆
- imakattastrophekatsu sando! @kevinshiiba
- feedtheswimmersStunning photo!!! I'm so curious about the sauce🙌😋
- karenkittenIt should be called okinomiyummi- it's so goooood
- saltandsuchWow! Sounds so amazing. Love the pic too!
- lisaroseyOooo...I've had okonomyaki (and the sauce). It was delicious, topped with bonito flakes that moved with the heat of the dish which turned the rest of my Fam off but I loved it. This sandwich looks fantastic.
- cateringwoodsStraight to your blog!!
- houseofcoceOn my to make list!!
- kevinshiiba@imakattastrophe yass. katsu sando day??
- karenk286Annnd this right here is why we love you. 😊
- imakattastropheyes please @kevinshiiba
Log in to like or comment.