jowhittonMy house smells like mangoes 😍 The dehydrator is drying away madly, and we have plenty more left for ice cream and smoothies! The perks of living in FNQ - free mangoes at certain times of the year!! 😊😊😊 (Not to mention beautiful locally grown roses!)
#mangoes #mango #mangoseason #wetseason #summer #athertontablelands #farnorthqueensland #australia #tropicalnorthqueensland #dehydrator #driedmango #quirkycooking #kitchen #falconoven
- colouring_and_cabbageMagnificent! 😋😋
- cupcakessunshinencoffeeOh yum where do those beautiful mangoes come from up here? @jowhitton I haven't had much luck finding too many nice ones!
- happy.healthy.heartfulOh my!!!!!! 😱😜
- jenna__mareeOmg my all time favorite haha so good
- legropesWe are locate central qld and no ones trees produced fruit this year :-( last year we were inundated with people giving away mangoes... This year the markets are bare :-(
- jowhitton@legropes Oh that's so sad, why is that? 😞 These ones were too ripe for shipping and were going to be thrown away but my mum got some and we all shared. @cupcakessunshinencoffee
- lisaleekOh man...free mangoes #inmydreams 🙌🏻
- legropesThe locals say the trees all flowered, & then the weather conditions weren't favourable at the right time :-(
- realfoodsimplelifeLucky you! My boys would be in heaven.
- julie.everettI don't like Mangoes but my family do and they are expensive in the hunter valley NSW
- lian_murphy1 of many things I miss about living in NQ. The first time I actually paid for a mango was rough lol, especially when I used to walk outside and pick 1 off the tree
- happily__madeUmmm..how did I miss this????
- smiffys4Do you have a secret or knack to dehydrating mangoes, Jo? When I tried it they kinda tasted... not that great. And I stuck to instructions even! 😜
- sheilaraewhiteMango chutney for beef curry...Hawaii kine way! 🌴💕
- jowhitton@happily__made Yeah bad timing hey!!! 😄
- jowhitton@sheilaraewhite Ooo that sounds good, do you have a recipe?
- functionalliving_aprilcI'm so jealous! I miss mountains of free mangoes, it's a crime to have to pay for them
- laurenb2679I just cut up almost all of a whole tray - they are just going off sooo quickly here in Syd due to the heat 😓
- ozzycowgirlLovely 😊 mine smells like vinegar and spices! I've been making plum sauce!😋
- email@example.com wollombi Rd providores have them 15 for $15 at the moment in Cessnock 😉
Log in to like or comment.